Thread: Timing for Leopard 4074 2000Kv ?

Default Timing for Leopard 4074 2000Kv ?

I have the spec of the builder as 2.5Y
    What does that mean? Are there 3 coils with a Y connection? What are the windings? And what shoul be the timing of the ESC?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbore View Post
    I have the spec of the builder as 2.5Y
    What does that mean? Are there 3 coils with a Y connection? What are the windings? And what shoul be the timing of the ESC?

Which esc do you have? For a T180 you probably want to use the 15 deg default setting. If you are using an Etti they recomend something like 4 degrees. it will depend on what the maker recomends for a 4 pole motor.

John
    Change is the one Constant

Quote Originally Posted by m4a1usr View Post
    Which esc do you have? For a T180 you probably want to use the 15 deg default setting. If you are using an Etti they recomend something like 4 degrees. it will depend on what the maker recomends for a 4 pole motor.

John
    I'm currently using a seaking 120A with 0° timing but I have on order a seaking 180A. Should I try 15° with 120A?

Cool

2.5Y and 2.5D motors have the same number of turns on each stator segment, but the winds are connected differently. You don't have to remember that, just that Y wind motors like timing advance and D winds generally do not. Try 10* first, the 15* for the same amount of run time and compare the speeds and temps. Use the best compromise advance.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for