Thread: Turnigy Monster-2000 200A 4-12S Brushless ESC

Default Turnigy Monster-2000 200A 4-12S Brushless ESC

hi all i have a 32inch cat.ive got a Turnigy Monster-2000 200A 4-12S esc and a
    KB45-11XL 1000kv Brushless motor.question is will it be ok to run two 22.2v 2650mah lipos in series? or will it fry the esc cause of too much amps? im new to this so dont really know anything lol

That's a bit much voltage for 1000kv.

No, you should run two 4s batteries(14.8 Volt)n in series for a total of 29.6 volts. Multiply the voltage by the kv of the motor that gives you rpm's. You are shooting for about 25,000 to 30,000. Your setup would spin the motor at 44,400 rpm. WAY TO FAST, guaranteed failure. The prop controls your amperage by how much load it puts on the motor. Look up "fecalc" in the forums and down load it. You can use it to calculate your starting prop size.

o ok thanks.any idea how fast this setup will go on 8s?

NO

Douggie

12 s will burn that kb up. It should be able to survive 8 s. I speak from experience on the 12 s burned mine up in a mono and it was only 750 kv that kb u have would have been even worse! on 12s With the right prop 8 s on that motor your boat should run good.

thanks for the info 8s it is.what prop size would you guys recommend for maxium speed with my setup?

Start with an X445.The KB's run hot and they get hot fast.Do yourself a favor and put a different more reliable motor in that boat.Also,the boat is too small for that motor.Its way way overkill.Look at these motors
    www.lightflightrc.com
    Id use the 36-75-1,its a 540XL at 1680kv for a nice 6s set up using an X442 and a 180 amp esc,youll see easy low 60's for speed with cool running and an awesome warranty.You can jab a screw in the motor then run it and all you have to do is give them $35 for warranty and they send you a brand new motor.

If you havent already bought the KB45.................then DONT!!! Big fat Amp hogs that run very hot, low quality...................dont waste your $$. Get a Feigao 580L instead.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

The 580's run just the same.They arent any different.Stay away from those too.
    All you need is a 540XL or a 40mm motor and dont use the Monster esc.It takes up too much room in the hull.Use a 180amp esc.Your hull isnt big.I wouldnt stuff it full of the physically biggest things you can get your hands on.No on the KB and No on the Monster.Neither are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    The 580's run just the same.They arent any different.Stay away from those too.All you need is a 540XL or a 40mm motor and dont use the Monster esc.It takes up too much room in the hull.Use a 180amp esc.Your hull isnt big.I wouldnt stuff it full of the physically biggest things you can get your hands on.No on the KB and No on the Monster.Neither are needed.
    Yea..........i guess I was suggesting the lesser of two evils............i think they are a tad better...............for $70 just get a Castle 1717
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

thanks for the info.ive already got the motor.i got the motor and esc for a cheap deal so not too fussed if it cooks just dont want it to catch fire and burn my boat :)

I dont want to start a debate but the 580 may be more reliable I havent seen any proof that they produce more power than the kb. Alot of people burned up thier 580's too. The one thing that seems to be the score on the kb's is that they have no front to back play and members that have run with great success have taken the endbells off and removed a shim then put the motor back together.None that have done this have reported any excessive heat with the kb .The one thing I can say about the 580 is you will go through alot less hassle to get a replacement from ose versus hk should it fail.I agree though that a castle 1717 for $70 is very enticing.