Thread: What Prop you guys using???

Default What Prop you guys using???

Hey guys, new at this fast electric stuff and R/C boating in general. Wanted to know what props you guys are using on the BJ26. I am seeing alot of x642 and x645 as well as 440's. What do you guys recommend? Also some guy tried to sell me an m435/3, is that any good?

I would think the 435 is going to be a bit small in diameter, but I haven't tried it yet. If you are running the stock motor on nimh batts, I would say to give the M440 a try. I have the ammo 36-50-2300 in right now, and I am running a detounged x642. The 645 is a bit slower so I would say that it is just a bit too much wheel for the motor to pull. Maybe on lipos you could get away with the 645.

sorry, I forgot to mention I am running lipo's with the stock setup. So I guess I can try the x642. What do you mean by the x645 being slower? I am still a little ignorant on all this prop stuff.

well with my ammo motor setup, the boat went 49.1 with my 642. when I put on the 645 it only ran 47.3 mph. Try the 642, but i would suggest removing the tongue on the blades. Just by doing that my boat went from running 37.xx mph to 49

OMG!!! big difference. I will try the 642. Thanks for the info. Is it a mission to remove the tongue?
    Last edited by CATsasstrophe; 12-26-2007 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Addition

Dumb question, but how do you remove the tongue, whats the right angle of approach.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

The next to last post on this thread shows two props the (M) on top of the other (X). You can see the small difference in a an X and an M prop.

Prop Tongue

Last edited by ReddyWatts; 12-26-2007 at 10:55 AM.
    ReddyWatts fleet photo
    M1 Supercat - Neu 1527 1Y, 8s / Mean Machine- Feigao 580, 8s, 120 HV esc
    Mean Machine - Feigao 540 14XL, 8s, 100 amp HV esc, X537/3

Your a godsend Reddy.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

I just took a right angle air grinder to knock the tongue off, and then sharpened and balanced it again.

I know alot of people won't do this, but I put a piece of 500 grit sandpaper on my right angle grinder to sharpen and polish my props. But now that I have a dremel, I will just be using that.

I just detongued my 645....lets see what happens...also trued the bottom of my hull to look like this check the pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

lol, I wish I could own that beast!

I wish I could own that or this one to But the Bud select has a better profile, that hull is made here in Florida..Deland I believe just 15 minutes outside of Orlando.
    Last edited by RCprince; 12-26-2007 at 05:44 PM.

I know the driver of the Miss Geico. mark granett. or however you spell it. there is always the Miss Longlite with turbines.

Yea Mystic power boats in Deland, fl makes , the BudSelect (Red on Black and Black on Red one, not the one with silver in the color) Callan and Miss Longlite http://www.mysticpowerboats.com/
    Last edited by RCprince; 12-26-2007 at 06:10 PM.