Thread: ProBoat Formula Fastech Brushless Deep V Q.

Question ProBoat Formula Fastech Brushless Deep V Q.

Brand new to this site had a couple of people rec. it to me im glad they did but my question is on my Formula Fastech Brushless i am running everything bone stock running gear and batteries have run it about 5 times now at the lake in smooth clam waters but i have having the problem of my flexshaft at the motor side leaking water and its all greesed properly just wondering what i need to do to stop the leak or slow it down? THANKS for any help!!

I would assume you mean water coming up threw the stuffing tube (brass tube)? It's common, some guys place heat shrink over the end or a small sponge under the tube I use a small piece of fuel tubing (the cooling tubing on your boat). Works for me...
    Last edited by Diesel6401; 02-13-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

man thanks alot for the reply there and the picture were im talking about is the shaft from the prop that goes thru the hull up to the motor and right there under the radio box its throws some water out i just dont want it to ruin anything in there i am totally new to the rc boats this is my first one so ill be asking alot of questions on here haha thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by CumminsTurboDiesel View Post
    man thanks alot for the reply there and the picture were im talking about is the shaft from the prop that goes thru the hull up to the motor and right there under the radio box its throws some water out i just dont want it to ruin anything in there i am totally new to the rc boats this is my first one so ill be asking alot of questions on here haha thanks for the help!
    I think I know what you mean now. If their is a very small gap around the stuffing tubing in the inside I'm sure you could remove the radio box and epoxy around were the stuffing tube enters the hull. You could also place a piece of shrink wrap on the strut & tube if possible Both may help. I don't own this boat, just throwing you ideas on similar problems i have had.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I will proably try one of those ideas thanks alot ill get all this figured out before long....my next question on this boat is i dont plan on doin a lipo swap yet as bad as i want to but what are some other options on makin this thing run even better? i have been seeing alot of suggestions on the x642 balanced and sharp props for this boat does anyone think i would see a diff. in the boat? do i need to change anything? or is it a bolt on kinda deal?

Default x642

The X642 makes a pretty good difference. It's much quieter, faster top end and faster out of the hole. Seems to be overall much smoother. Bolt on.... But if you are on NICD or NIMH, the move to LIPO is a bigger upgrade.....

Quote Originally Posted by sanyijr View Post
    The X642 makes a pretty good difference. It's much quieter, faster top end and faster out of the hole. Seems to be overall much smoother. Bolt on.... But if you are on NICD or NIMH, the move to LIPO is a bigger upgrade.....
    i agree, thats exastly what i did, with the x642 and a turnigy aquastar 120 amp esc with 2 5000mah 2s lipos and it made twice the difference.
    now the boat is a riot on the lake it goes as fast as most of the big boats.

I want to do the swap so bad i dono were to start or how to do it and dont wanna spend a crazy amount of money any pointers?

order yourself a turnigy lipo charger, 4 5000 mah 30c 2s 7.2 v lipos and a turnighy aquastar 120 amp esc with programmer. and or coarse get the x642 prop from your local hobbystore or from here.
    thats it then you have a rockin boat thats great for the beginner. Thats how i started the stock motor will do just fine with this setup, tried, tested and true.

Quote Originally Posted by the savy fluxer View Post
    order yourself a turnigy lipo charger, 4 5000 mah 30c 2s 7.2 v lipos and a turnighy aquastar 120 amp esc with programmer. and or coarse get the x642 prop from your local hobbystore or from here.
    thats it then you have a rockin boat thats great for the beginner. Thats how i started the stock motor will do just fine with this setup, tried, tested and true.
    Lipo's are 7.4v, 7.2 is nimh/nicad. The turingy Aquastar car be purchased here at OSE http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...=hef-sword-120. I agree lipo's would be the best upgrade for you. The best ones I have found are avail in the usa warehouse and are the 5k 40c's. These things are great... The best charger that I have found for beginners, and the charger I was recommended when I was new to lipos is this Hyperion http://rclipos.com/HP-EOS0606i.htm. It should come with xh balance board which the turnigy lipo's use... Excellent charger and easy to begin on.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16194
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

wow all this stuff sounds crazy! haha i hope i will be able to figure it all out is it a pricey swap? i am prolly asking to many questions on here lol

i think it cost me 250 or a bit less

wow all this stuff sounds crazy! haha i hope i will be able to figure it all out is it a pricey swap? i am prolly asking to many questions on here lol
    Nope just batteries and a charger. What charger do you have now. Does it say lipo on it? Lipo's from HK are actually cheaper then most nimh lol. Crazy!

You will need the PB Programming card so you can enable the low voltage cutoff. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB3311
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Thumbs up

The charger i have now is the dynamite twin peak chargein my 2 rec. batts. for my boat so i could get started will that work? i wish there was a hobby shop close to me i could drop my boat off at and tell them to do the swap and make it fast haha!.... cause i am new to this stuff and still learning about it all

The charger i have now is the dynamite twin peak chargein my 2 rec. batts. for my boat so i could get started will that work? i wish there was a hobby shop close to me i could drop my boat off at and tell them to do the swap and make it fast haha!.... cause i am new to this stuff and still learning about it all
    Is this the charger you have: http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...ProdID=DYN4033

If so this will not work for Lipo's and you will also need to upgrade your charger. The best way to do it is to learn. I love just working on them, it's not about just the runtime for me. It's building something up and then finally seeing it in action. It can put a big smile on your face or piss you off lol. I just enjoy every aspect of it....

A few guys have used this charger with good results: http://www.hobbyhot.com/gt-power-dua...-1-pr-905.html

I myself have not used it, but some guys who have do like it. For that charger and some Turnigy packs I listed before, for $100 (not including shipping) you can jump into lipo's...

Take your time and learn about everything. It will safe you time and money. Also read up on lipos before you start, best thing you can do is prepare yourself and learn. When in doubt do a search for your question on this forum, if you don't find your answer then ask a question. I have found this is by far the best forum for boating. JMO of course.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I Thank all of you for your help and opinons i will be asking alot of questions in the future i am willing to bet lol cause like i said before i am new to this stuff i got 2 real fishing boats and a twentytwo foot cabin cruiser and a 27 foot cruiser i am in the process of restoreing and alot of people on the lake i hang out with have all these toys and i drove one and got hooked haha! but i will be figureing out the lipo fun before long cause i wanna go faster haha!

and one more question will i be gettin rid of the "deans plugs" and using the plugs on the batterys and dif. plugs when i swap the esc?

These Batteries? i just copied and pasted yalls words into google and it took me to these on ebay...http://cgi.ebay.com/Turnigy-5000-mAh...-/250774366969

This charger?....once again copied and pasted.....http://rclipos.com/HP-EOS0606i.htm

These Batteries? i just copied and pasted yalls words into google and it took me to these on ebay...http://cgi.ebay.com/Turnigy-5000-mAh...-/250774366969

This charger?....once again copied and pasted.....http://rclipos.com/HP-EOS0606i.htm
    Yes for the charger, no go for the lipos. Get these http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16194

JMO of course.... But I run LOVE them

Get familiar with hobbycity, it will become a good friend lol...

Used these batts in this video, $50 worth of batts and a $5 prop lol.... Talk about cheap speed...
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

do i run 2 of them like it is set up now?

do i run 2 of them like it is set up now?
    Yup...

Do you know how to solder?
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Sure do

Sure do
    Awesome, cause soldering is half the battle lol....

Order up those batts and get yourself some 5.5mm bullets (i use these: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9763) stick those on the 3 sets of wire that connect the esc to the motor. Get rid of those dinky 3.5mm bullets. Being new to the hobbies grab some EC5's http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...d=dh-EFLAEC503 and get rid of those deans plugs. Deans have no place in FE boating at this time.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

This looks tough but i bet all and all it cant be that bad lol

This looks tough but i bet all and all it cant be that bad lol
    No it's not bad at all bud... Reason I recommend the 5.5s and ec5 is just a good overall upgrade. Makes your setup more reliable...
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Thanks for your help man! seriously.... once i get some down time i am going to do the swap! i am already convinced! i knew i would be in no time lol....and yeah i dont wanna do anything just wildly crazy and get stuff hot and smoke it and it be fried haha!

here i am again with another question i am itchin to do the lipo upgrade very soon is there just one website i can get everything i need? and would anyone have part numbers so i can just write those in and add to cart? lol any help on this will be great to thanks alot

DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada