Thread: !New here and have some questions!

Default !New here and have some questions!

Hello all I'm new on this forums but not to rc,have some planes,helis,cars and now get a boat LOL.I have a Aeromarine Scorpion 32" I get this boat with a Feigao 10XL and I buy a HK 200A Marine esc.What should I expect from this combo I have?
    What prop should I start first and what batts?I already have some lipos laying aroun I can use(from my planes)Should I go 4s?

Thanks for your help here

What batteries do you have lying around, the ESC you mention I am not familiar with, do you have the specs? Also as I am conservative, I would run a 12XL.

Douggie

This is the ESC http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15134
    Lipos I have:
    2s 5200 30C
    4s 4000 35C
    5s 3000 30c
    65 3000 30C
    Feigao 540 10XL is what I have right now

Douggie those are the Suppo esc's HK is now selling. Same as the Himodel ones and I think Ben sells them.

If you have 2 of the 2s 5200 packs I would run 2 in series for 4s and start with a 42mm prop and work up.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Thanks Diesel I have a Octura 642 is that right?
    How this thing works on props is 6 the pitch 42 the diameter?
    Also need to know what I have to look for when running the boat I have a Wattmeter,
    temp gun etc...What would be a good number of watts-amps for this motor on 4s.
    I have 4 of the 4s 5200 packs I use them for my cars(hard cased)

I would not run that setup unless the prop has been sharpened and ballanced.

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by raypa View Post
    Thanks Diesel I have a Octura 642 is that right?
    How this thing works on props is 6 the pitch 42 the diameter?
    Also need to know what I have to look for when running the boat I have a Wattmeter,
    temp gun etc...What would be a good number of watts-amps for this motor on 4s.
    I have 4 of the 4s 5200 packs I use them for my cars(hard cased)
    Octura x642:
    Diameter: 1.65" (1.65 inches = 41.91 millimeters)
    Total Pitch: 1.6x1.65=2.640"
    Shaft Size: 3/16
    Like Douggie said make sure it's S&b before you use it.

Give you an idea on amp range http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/fei...tors-chart.php it will prob pull slightly more loaded....
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Thank you both will try it today and let you know how it goes.

Well back from the lake a little dissapointed the boat runs but speed is just not there maybe I'm asking too much from the Feigao 10xl.Speed I think is close to 35mph start with a 642 up to 645 a little better on speed but about 105 amps and runs really hot.I'm asking too much from this combo or is something wrong here?

I already have a Turnigy 4030 1000kv outrunner I can try on this boat,it fits on the same motor mount but with such a low kv I thing I need to run it on maybe 6s.Will this motor work on this boat or I need another one.

I feel your pain, what power and is the 10XL new. Also low large KV motors on high voltage are a good choice, but the ESC has to be up to the task, Also what temps on the motor and the ESC

Douggie

Not new I get it with the boat used don't know how much...maybe a lot LOL wattmeter reads close to 1500-1600watts if remember right.

The motor is probably toast, I might suggest a 12XL/14XL on 5S/6S power with a suitable prop and ESC. Also please note that the hull can not be run in a wet setup.

Douggie
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 02-13-2011 at 06:06 PM.

I think Douggie's right. I've had Feigaos do that on more than one occasion. Check into the Leopard motors, they are MUCH better quality, more powerful, and still economic.

In my humble opinion the x642 and x645 are too much prop for that motor...........try an x442 possibly..............
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    In my humble opinion the x642 and x645 are too much prop for that motor...........try an x442 possibly..............
    I don't have that prop but I also try a x440 and was really slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    The motor is probably toast, I might suggest a 12XL/14XL on 5S/6S power with a suitable prop and ESC. Also please note that the hull can not be run in a wet setup.

Douggie
    Sorry for my ignorance but what you mean by a wet setup?

Was that 35mph on 4s? It is was your at right at the speed the calc says you should be on a x642 with you setup... Running hot means your not/weren't propped right. 2 pole motors are not forgiving if improperly props the amps will spike. ALso what is HOT?!?
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

No ignorance, just a learning curve..boats are way different from other RC pursuits, as the demands on the motor, ESC and batteries are huge. Welcome to the wacky world of FE boating. The COG and other factors are critical to your ambitions.

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Was that 35mph on 4s? It is was your at right at the speed the calc says you should be on a x642 with you setup... Running hot means your not/weren't propped right. 2 pole motors are not forgiving if improperly props the amps will spike. ALso what is HOT?!?
    230-240 on motor
    130-140 on ESC
    Batteries feel warm but are hardcase so who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    No ignorance, just a learning curve..boats are way different from other RC pursuits, as the demands on the motor, ESC and batteries are huge. Welcome to the wacky world of FE boating. The COG and other factors are critical to your ambitions.

Douggie
    Very true Douggie at once I play a little bit with the position of the batts and move them about 2 inches back and it gains some speed and seems to me to runs with less effort.At full speed the boat looks like the 1/2 front part is not touching the water.Anyway I don't think that this Feigao 10XL have the guts to runs this boat like I want it to.