Thread: Screwing Paypal

Default Screwing Paypal

Why is everyone always trying to screw Paypal? People that list items on here for sale should figure out what the Paypal fees are and build them into the total price of what they have for sale. Paypal makes it easy for all of us to make transactions when needed without having to worry about a bounced checks or waiting for a money order, you get your money right away. How do you people expect Paypal to stay around if you keep trying to screw them? Would you work for free?? I bet not!!!!
    Last edited by mpg43; 02-12-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    SV27 STOCK, SV27 MODIFIED, H&M VIPER, LAP CAT 27" TUNNEL, TS2, 31 RICO, 22" KEYWEST CAT, RAPTOR AND THERE WILL BE MORE!

If Pay-Pal meets it's demise, it ain't my fault..

They charged my purchase to the wrong bank account resulting in an overdraft.

Your paying for the protection option the way I look at it. If you send as a gift and don't get your product o well you assed out paypal won't help. If you pay the fees you get the protection. Paypal wont dispear because of us sending as a gift. Between their credit card offeres and ebay, our little PP fees we pay on minor item isn't hurting them. Most swap shop deals are in the sub $100 range anyway. I only send as gift to people I have dealt with or have a good rep. Other then that I pay the fees to get the protection. Most of us are friends and I don't want to charge or be charged from doing business with friends.

Ebay paid them $1.5 billion in 2002 and the company hit over $2 billion in 2009. I highly doubt people sending money as gifts is really hurting them. If it was they would delete the option or charge a fee like the do on other things or raise the rates. You really think a company would let something so small ruin them?

Just my 2 pennies. Take it for what it's worth...
    Last edited by Diesel6401; 02-13-2011 at 09:40 PM.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Raise ya 5 cents

I have always taken the charges and never asked for payment to be sent as a gift. I would rather have the protection for myself and the folks I deal with, that way things are covered on both ends. That is also why I always send items priority mail for tracking purposes and I am fairly sure paypal requires it to cover non-delivery.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

I also agree...that is good to know Chuck. I will be getting a couple props together for you to work on soon...
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

I've always laughed at the "you pay the fees" posting... Nothing on here i've seen (besides the occasional $400+ boat) Would cost more then 15-20 in fees, something we spend on ONE meal.. I usually just add whatever the paypal fees would be, that way i can send the money as "good or services" and write exactly what im paying for in "note to seller" to cover my but!

With paypal from Australia to US.. we have a 3% currency conversion penalty.. the seller also pays 3% .. giving paypal 6% gross from the sale.
    Means diddly when only a few bucks.. but when we pay for big ticket items, it soon adds up.
    But for the security knowing if the package gets damaged, or seller sends us a box of doo-doo ... we can request refunds..... paypal do listen if you play by their rules.
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    paypal do listen if you play by their rules.
    Not in my experience. I got scammed for GTO parts way back by a guy who was discovered to have scammed multiple people on the same forum. A few people (myself included) ended up filing claims and the best paypal could offer was "sorry, the user has emptied their account". Well, of course the scam artist is going to empty the account after scamming someone....So the protection is basically useless if someone is out to take you for a ride. From that day I have refused to give paypal any of MY money. If the other party wants to supply the fees, have at it.
    Catching Air!

Honestly I totally agree paypal is fine charging fees and I am all for it.... in all reality this is the ONLY site I use the "xxxx" term.... other sites get plenty of my money... ebay, rcgroups, hobbytalk, rctech, etc., so here where I fully trust my friends... I am gonna keep as much money in our pockets as I can... it isn't hurting them that much :)

I think everyone should screw pay pal. I had a company rip me off for $500.00 and I paid through pay pal. They did not help me or get my money back. They just sent me an email saying they wouldn't do anything. I contacted the attorney general here in Mo and he got up their a$$ and they sent me my money back. Screw pay pal all you want. I cancelled my account and have never used them again. SCREW PAYPAL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rchuntlsl View Post
    I had a company rip me off for $500.00 and I paid through pay pal. They did not help me or get my money back. They just sent me an email saying they wouldn't do anything.
    This is what I was talking about. When you actually need their help, they don't offer any. Why pay them?
    Catching Air!

Everyone who says screw PayPal should use alternate methods of payment...no-one is holding a gun to your heads........

I have never used them again, and never will. I have more protection sending a money order. At least they would trace it for me.

Well I have read all the responses here and still say it's not right. I will pay the fees just to know I have the protection. I bought a set of wheels for one of my Harleys and had a problem with them, They were listed as new and the were not new. They were refurbished. When I contacted Paypal the money was back in my account within a couple of days. then the seller had to contact me to get his money. We settled on a price and I resent the money.
    I guess I am just to honest to screw anyone. But if you don't feel the same way, just remember, Karma will come back to haunt you eventually.
    SV27 STOCK, SV27 MODIFIED, H&M VIPER, LAP CAT 27" TUNNEL, TS2, 31 RICO, 22" KEYWEST CAT, RAPTOR AND THERE WILL BE MORE!

Karma ?
    Oh yea, I know him he used to live down the street from me.
    Next to the Murphy's ?
    T.C.

Well for the record I am very careful who I buy and sell from... the one time I did have a problem, paypal covered it... in over 500 ebay transactions and god only (well some of you guys probably have and idea too..lol) how many forum deals I've had..... I never have had an issue with them.... I've funneled well, well over $100,000 through them with all good transactions... I use xxxx transactions here to help keep my selling/buying costs down from people I trust... but every other forum I either pay the fees or suck em' up...

My main thing is IF someone is so freaking worried about the few dollars that paypal charges add 3.6% to the asking price and then you don't have to post BUYER PAYS PAYPAL FEE'S. It's a turn off when I am looking at the threads. I have let items pass by because of seeing that. The average sale on OSE is $100.00 that means paypal charges $3.60 for the transaction. Would'nt you rather know you have some kinda recourse if a deal did go bad. The people that are claiming to have had paypal just ignore them and not help them must not have done everything by the book. I was taken care of quickly by Paypal. We all know that there are bad traders on this site and every other site we get on. I guess I would just rather be a honest person and that way no one can say any different.

I never ask a buyer to pay the fees or send money as a gift, if they do thats their own choice, nor will I pay paypal fees if I am a buyer, just pass on the deal and move on. I've never seen the who gift thing or pay fees till I got here.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Everyone who says screw PayPal should use alternate methods of payment...no-one is holding a gun to your heads........
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Sometimes I will ask for paypal fees if I feel like I'm selling an item for pennies on the dollar, or if the buyer is far away from me and shipping runs higher than expected. Its nothing against paypal. Just a way to make up a little on the sale. Why give it away? Especially if your a member that I see here a lot and feel like I can trust. If you screw over another member, you bet he's gonna let everyone here know about it. I always send money as a gift unless I feel unsure of the selling member. I don't see what the big deal is? Everyone likes a good deal, and if I can shave 5-bucks of the price by asking for money as a gift, then you should be happy too.