Thread: help mini v or mini c first upgrades

Default help mini v or mini c first upgrades

Hi all been thinkin about bying one of these both these boats seem great but since i have heard about the cat cavitating makes me lean towards the v does it have the same problem.

I would like to keep it sorta stock maybe a better motor and prop wash water pick up just dont want to go too crazy with mods i was thinking the t400 electrifly not sure about battery packs prob leave the stock one in. Anyways any help would be great

Either boat runs good. The only time cavitation has been a problem with either was when the stock prop was either damaged or needed sharpening. Other than the motor that you mentioned, the other mod I would recommend would be to get a prop shaft for a SW26 so that then you can use different 1/8" props. This one mod will make a great difference. The stock battery is good, but a 1000-1200mah lipo makes it even better.

ji thanks it just seems to be a common complaint with the cat im goin the vee as i can get it local without payin a fair bit in postage.

I probably will upgrade to that later but ill wear out the stock stuff first lol.

Same with the esc i was thinking of putting the traxxas esc cooling kit on the stock esc unless there was a better way but eventually i would go brushless as its heaps better and the marine brushless escs are already watercooled

I have both, converted both to brushless and 3C Lipos, Cat way better, Mini V cannot get it stable at speeds, too much porpoising.

ill prob get the cat coz there my favourite style of hull but after shipping there 160 dollars but for around 50-60 dollars more im gunna get a twin brushless apparition for a project race boat after i get my nitro goin then ill get a mini c at some point also as there a cool lookin boat and convert that to brushless what setup have you got in yours cheers