Thread: Power shut-off switch for micro hydro?

Default Power shut-off switch for micro hydro?

Hi all on my boats set up with seperate reciever battery packs i install a Dubro quick switch to turn the radio off . I have noticed pretty well all off the brushless micro esc's are set-up with BEC butt have no provisions for a on/ off switch. Im looking at this from a safety point off view e.g a prop change with fingers in contact with a sharp prop and power lead still connected to esc or me using a Spektrum 2.4 if i turn the tx off no signal can be transmitted ! What method or methods are standard practice for proper power disconnect on micro hydros? Regards Andris Golts.

I know to run in Naviga competitions you have to have an external safety loop mounted usually on the deck. This is simply 2 female bullit connectors set into the deck with the open end facing out, Inside the wires are soldered one to the battery + lead the other to the esc + lead. You then make an external loop that is simply a piece of relevent size wire with plastic coating on & a male bullit connector soldered on both ends. Both of these male connectors are plugged into the female connectors that come out of the deck their for completing the loop. To disconect the power you just unplug 1 of the bullits. Thanks Martin.

Hi Martin thanks for the great tip.Regards Andris Golts