Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is my MG "special"? 30mph stock?

Wow 30mph to 40mph with a little adjustment and a prather 220 very nice... this is a great thread especially since I awaiting my mg any day now. Pdr what batteries were you using to hit 40mph? I know proboat recomends 25c plus. I haven't even got mine yet and I already got a prather 220 on the way a x642 on the way offset rudder leopard 4074 and 150a seaking esc all should be here about the same time and just got my zippy 40c 5000mah 2s lipos in so I can't wait to see what I can hit if your getting 40mph just wish I could find a water jacket for my 4074

Quote Originally Posted by bbosncali View Post
    Wow 30mph to 40mph with a little adjustment and a prather 220 very nice... this is a great thread especially since I awaiting my mg any day now. Pdr what batteries were you using to hit 40mph? I know proboat recomends 25c plus. I haven't even got mine yet and I already got a prather 220 on the way a x642 on the way offset rudder leopard 4074 and 150a seaking esc all should be here about the same time and just got my zippy 40c 5000mah 2s lipos in so I can't wait to see what I can hit if your getting 40mph just wish I could find a water jacket for my 4074
    What esc do you have? I do not believe Seaking makes a 150 amp esc.

Low profile Leopard water jacket: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...eo-4050-jacket
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Sorry hobbywing

I swear I checked that site 3 times..... lol thanks for the link deisel that will fit the 4074 correct?

Sorry hobbywing
    Seaking is the boat series of esc's made by Hobbywing, they are one in the same.

I see now. They are not hobbywing seaking boat esc's, they are hobbywing platnuim esc's water cooled and waterproofed. That's why it through me off. Very nice, should work well. Hobbywing are great esc's. I never tried the platnium series but the seaking series works great. I may have to try those out sometime.

http://www.hobbywing.com/ENGLISH/Pro...t%20and%20Heli

http://www.hobbywing.com/ENGLISH/Pro...m%20for%20Boat
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I swear I checked that site 3 times..... lol thanks for the link deisel that will fit the 4074 correct?
    Yes:

Leopard 4074 2200kv motor with that low profile jacket. Not in a MG but you get the point. The MG has more room to work with then the mount in my Pursuit
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Is the platinum series supposed to be better or worse? The seaking 180s look exactly like the turnigy 180s and those get awsome reviews also I got the 150 for a great price with card so I hope I won't be disapointed

Is the platinum series supposed to be better or worse? The seaking 180s look exactly like the turnigy 180s and those get awsome reviews also I got the 150 for a great price with card so I hope I won't be disapointed
    Hobbycity actually makes nothing they just rebrand everything. So the turnigy 180 is a seaking esc. If BC26 was using them I am sure they will work just fine. That guy builds some FAST stuff.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

1 more quick question since it has no bec does it have lipo cut off mode?

1 more quick question since it has no bec does it have lipo cut off mode?
    Completely seperate things. No BEC means you will need to run a external rx pack to power the servo and the receiver. BEC means the esc takes power from the main battery supply to supply power to the receiver and the servo.

You will need a rx pack. I used these in my MG just fine: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNRJ9&P=ML
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Ok so then it should have lipo cutoff?? I ordered a castle bec just incase

Ok so then it should have lipo cutoff?? I ordered a castle bec just incase
    Yup will have a LVC.

CC bec will take care of the need for a rx pack. I run cc bec that in my MG because I dis-connected the bec on my stock esc. I like it ok, I still kinda like the rx packs better though, especially on higher voltage setups. I am kinda scarred to run the cc bec at higher then 4s. God forbid you poof that thing then your really
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

my 40mph setup is with turnigy 4000 40c's. so you'll be good with what you have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12