Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry guys, no longer accepting Pay-Pal

Funny thing happened to me the other day. I get two new "GM mastercards in the mail. I didnt order new ones? They had new numbers. I called to see what the heck was going on. It turns out someone hacked a MAJOR department store my wife shops at and got 1000's of numbers. We may or maynot have been one of them but to make sure they sent out new cards with new numbers to everyone.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Yes and Bellsouth lost 1.5 million customers data and gave us one free year of protection service. Any of this can happen at any time. What is to keep 10 Pay-Pal employee's from stealing 100,000 bank accounts and CC data?

I have a friend that had his Identity Stolen. It was a total nightmare for a long time. SO be aware and careful when using your credit/debit cards anywhere. My point is that the fewer places on the internet that has your information the better.

Watch people in line with cell phone camera's as well. They will take an image of your card

In the end, this thread is getting out of hand. Pay-Pal allowed a seller to rip me off and I am not using them in the future. You do not have Pay-Pal support if your a customer in my example. We have paid them thousands in fees and I got screwed.

thanks,
    Steve

Default same

Steve, I was talking to a friend that owns a business and takes credit cards. He said; We are taking a chance everytime they take an order over the phone or online. If you do not get a signature or a voice recording of the purchase, you are at the mercy of the buyer. All the buyer has to say to the credit card company is that they did not order the item and it is theirs to keep for free. The seller eats the cost of the item. Is this true???

In 7 years I have had 1 or 2 problems with CC orders. We use UPS and USPS priority with delivery conform. We have the on line order as well. The phone is another story but it's never happened.

A Russian had a stole credit card once and we lost it all on that one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12