Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HPR Mania - Version 2011

Hello Guys,

thanks for the comments, makes me proud.

@ Himalaya: the "yellow filling" is in fact the sandwich material. This is Kevlar-Nomex Honeycomb material and CF sheets on both sides. I think I'll leave this open as it is waterproof and has a unique look. The motor is a LMT 3040 dummy with Air cooling, motor has 1000g and concerning the size its a bit bigger than a NEU 2220.

@ the savy fluxxer: thanks!

@ Dimitris:
    Well I'd say both, hopefully some talent and some very good teachers like Flo & mudl. The Fort-Knox version has both, carbon and carbon/cevlar - thats what makes it superstrong. Weight of the hull only is amazing, just 3325g WITH the hatch!

Best regards,
    Manuel

Hey Manuel why dont you be nice and let me borrow one of those HPR's ? promise to give it back. Syke lol.Beautiful build man.

Are you sure about giving it back, I'm still having some little doubts...

;-D

Best regards,
    Manuel

Some progress on the HPR 135:

Custom CF Lipo mount system, designed for 8S Lipo each:

Hatch Lock: 6x M4 Countersunk Hex-Screws, as for sure stainless-steel:

Attached hardware kit with drives, rudder & hydraulic-steering:

2.4Ghz Antenna socket and "Not-Aus"-System:

Hull from the other side, you can also see the water intakes:

view inside with Savöx Servo and LMT 3040 dummy with already installed flex-shafts:

What is a
    'Not-Aus" system?

The 2.4GHz antenna sockets are interesting. Are they coaxial RF connectors? Can we see how it would look like with the atennas attached? Thanks.

Hello,

@ Larry: Its basically a safety function. With a connector bridge you can disconnect the RX battery from the receiver. As for Brushless controllers without BEC this 100% unsures that the motor can't run. Quite important when you want to rescue the boat or touch the prop without risk. For controllers with BEC you have to make the bridge over the red wire. Its nearly a standard here and a "must have" on most meetings. Hope this answers your question.

@ Himalaya: Well its not that a "big deal". Basically its a very nice aluminium water outlet. I drill it up to 3.2mm and then I can fit a plastic tube in it. Here a picture of the finished solution on the HPR06 Austrian Build:

For the rest: Thanks for the interest to the review. I like comments and I'll als try to answer questions if you'd like to know how or why I do something.

Wish you a nice evening,
    Manuel

The pic makes very good sense. Thanks Manuel. But why two sockets? going to use stick style TX + aircraft RX that has dual antenna diversity function ?

Sorry for my stupid question, Manuel, I missed your thread "HPR06 Austrian build" . There I am clear now they are sockets of the emergency circuit breaker.

Hi Guys,

just wanted to keep you informed whats going on here. The HPR06 from the "Austrian build" review is still at the airbrusher but now I got pictures from the HPR C5009 "Mystic" which I presented above. I sent it to a very good friend, he is a professional concerning decals. Sent him a few pictures of the design and here is what he came up with:

These are all decals, no airbrush work. Isn't she a beauty? At the moment I'm working on another HPR C5009 Mystic as well as on the two HPR 135's hulls from the very first picture in this thread.

Best regards,
    Manuel

Outstanding job on the decals! Wow!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I just fell out of my chair...... Those are some amazing looking builds. Great job

I love blue!!!!!!
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

Awesome looking! So you want the boat have a speed as a Boeing?

The curved area looks smoothly covered. Are those special flexible decals or you heat them when applying?

Hello Guys,

thanks for the very nice comments. As written above I had the decals made and put on from a good friend of mine. So I shipped him the hull as well as some pictures and drawings, he did the complete work for me. But I think he uses some high quality material for the decals which he can "bend" over 3D surfaces to a certain extend.

And for the speed, the owner wants to use LMT 1950/6 with 2090kv on 5S or even 6S lipo so it won't be really slow...

I'll try my very best to get the first HPR135 running this Saturday, some hopefully I have some news in a few days. Motors, as well as ESC's and Lipos are already here, "just" has to be built together.

Best regards,
    Manuel

Hello Guys,

today some more infos about the HPR 135 I build. Took my about 13 hours of work on Friday but I did it and on Saturday was its first test run.

The Setup:
    Aim for the boat was to get an extreme power to weight ratio with a setup with very reliable components. It should not be something for highspeed but something around 90mph at very good acceleration.

Therefore the setup I chose:
    motors: 2x LMT 3040/9 HiAmp LK with water jacket and rear support
    ESC's: 2x Modellbau-Regler AS 26.200 "special edition"
    lipos: 2x 8S1P Turnigy Nano 5000mAh 45C
    props: Octura X457

Last week the rest of the components arrived, here some pictures of the two drives:

Here a picture to get a feeling for the size of the engine:

As I wanted all the cables as short and as efficient as possible I didn't really like the 2x 4S1P lipos on each side with the thin 10AWG cable. Therefore I opened all the packs, desoldered all the cables and directly connected two 4S packs to get one single 8S1P pack. Then I soldered some nice 8mm² (~8AWG) cables to the lipos, used some nice 6mm LMT bullet connectors and with some special tape I shrinked them to the sledges of my lipo mounts.

And here a picture of the result, I'm quite satiesfied as these are compact packs:

Then I build everything together, I'm sorry if there is still some mess around in the boat but I had not enough time to care about the final layout and make everything fine. I think it still looks quite neat.

For the setup I chose 8S1P per motor as these fit in each sponson quite nice and to get the cables as short as possible. All power cables between ESC and lipo and between ESC and motor are 8mm² (~8AWG) and 6mm LMT bullet connectors. The ESC is rated with 200Amp but it can handle quite more than that I'd say. The used LMT 3040/9 have at 8S lipo their maximum efficiency at about 220Amps which means a power output of about 6500W per drive. In combination with the Octura X457 this should give some really nice performance. And the best of all, the RTR weight of this boat is just 9kg which is very light I'd say --> nice acceleration!!

Here some pictures:

As said on Saturday there was the first test run. On the maiden run I used a pair of Octura X447 R/L which is quite small. Did go quite well until some water beside the receiver caused some cut-off. Had to dry it and about an hour later I did another test with Octura X457's. Sadly the video is not that good and couldn't give full throttle. But the next time I'll adjust the drives and the CG to see whats what ;-D

I hope you enjoy it!

Best regards,
    Manuel

Here the first run-out:

Or as a link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW4slFlz6_g

Awesome!
    Catching Air!

Last Sunday was the 4th test run, I think I'm coming closer:

Best regards,
    ManuelW

@ tiqueman: Thanks for the comment!!

As the design of the HPR 135 "Lightweight" is already fixed, I ordered a special plexi glass boat stand from a friend of mine:

An another HPR C5009 "Mystic-Style" I build this year, I really love these hulls!!

HPR C5009 "Mystic Style"
    original HPR Hardware Kit: drives, rudder, hydraulics, motor and servo mount
    2mm CF lipo rail system
    specials: Not-Aus System, blue colored seams (all reinforced with GFK sheet), hatch locks and rear support for the motors.

I hope you may enjoy the pictures!

Wish a nice evening,
    Manuel

Great build Manuel, keep the pics coming.

Tyler

Seriously Manuel, you have too many of these. I think one needs to come to my house. You dont even have to build it. In regards to your PM, I see the tray more clearly now. Ill do mine exactly the same.

Thanks!!!! And if you need my address again..... Ill even be nice and pay for shipping.

Hi Manuel!
    The last one Mystic HPR is mine!:D
    thanks Manu! Great Job !
    Ale

Hi Guys,

thanks for the comments. And for all the HPR fans who may want one. If you are interested in a hull/boat from Hanspeter you may also contact me as I'm quite a good friend of him.

Best regards,
    Manuel

Quick question, it seems the motors have 6 connectors (leads) on them, why is that and how do they work?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast