Thread: air cooled ESC

Default air cooled ESC

my esc was kapoot out of the box, so i took it back, and the people at hobby people replaced it with a air cooled mamba max. problem being, the cockpit is obviously sealed off pretty good with tape. any ideas of where to put a hole maybe in the cowling to let air in, while not letting water in. i just dont want it to overheat, or get flooded out. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vandie View Post
    my esc was kapoot out of the box, so i took it back, and the people at hobby people replaced it with a air cooled mamba max. problem being, the cockpit is obviously sealed off pretty good with tape. any ideas of where to put a hole maybe in the cowling to let air in, while not letting water in. i just dont want it to overheat, or get flooded out. thanks
    If the boat was new, go for a warranty. You really need the ESC to be water cooled unless you make extreme mods to the boat and water proof the ESC.

Cool

The Mamba will not be satisfactory at all! It has a maximum voltage of 3 LiPos - your LHS "people" are trying to help but it will blow immediately if connected to a 4S pack. It may work on 12 NiMH cells for awhile but it will probably overheat in the sealed hull.

You cannot open up the hull, compromising the electronics and packs just so the wrong ESC will fit - that makes no sense. Call AquaCraft and get a new ESC on the way, it should be free under warranty. Take the Mamba Max back to the LHS and tell them "thanks".

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for