Thread: 4S Prop/Motor Options?

Default 4S Prop/Motor Options?

I read a lot of people trying to get a reliable 6S setup, however where I run most of the time 50+mph wouldn’t be practical and I’m probably not the only one in this situation. Personally I would like to see this boat reach high 30s on 4S and thanks to Oscarel we know it does about 33mph stock on 4S so I am hoping it wouldn’t take too much to gain an extra 5-6 mph. I was wondering if anyone thought the x445 prop would get me the speed increase I’m looking for? As a last resort I also considered a Leopard 1774kv motor but not sure the stock esc can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_OSE View Post
    I read a lot of people trying to get a reliable 6S setup, however where I run most of the time 50+mph wouldn’t be practical and I’m probably not the only one in this situation. Personally I would like to see this boat reach high 30s on 4S and thanks to Oscarel we know it does about 33mph stock on 4S so I am hoping it wouldn’t take too much to gain an extra 5-6 mph. I was wondering if anyone thought the x445 prop would get me the speed increase I’m looking for? As a last resort I also considered a Leopard 1774kv motor but not sure the stock esc can handle it.
    Try the x442.............if you go to 45mm try the m445
    Last edited by Make-a-Wake; 02-04-2011 at 08:33 AM.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_OSE View Post
    Based on rough calculations (80% motor efficiency and 25% prop slip) a Prather 220 would give you around 35 MPH on stock motor and 4S.

The Owners Manual recommends not using props larger than 42mm because it will increase amp draw and may reduce performance, but the only way to know for sure is to try a few different props.

An Octura X642 calculates to approx. 36 MPH - Same parameters.

Actual MMV

Kevin
    Last edited by dag-nabit; 02-04-2011 at 05:02 PM.

I think a X645 would be the ticket!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s