Thread: 3 blade prop balanc

Default 3 blade prop balanc

now ,i have a grim racer 3 blade prop
    ,i have sharpened it but want to balance ,i have a magntic prop balancer and when installed i do i have 1 heavy blade that drops down ,now will i just do oppisite 2 blades a bit till prop can sit at any position without turning ..
    Regards Gen

Just the opposite, the bottom blade is the heavy blade and that is the one that needs to be worked on.

take your time and you will be pleased.

3 bladed props are a bit more of a challenge and take more time - also don't forget that the hub can also be worked to help balance the prop.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

the hub ??
    Wow never thought of that but obviosly thats a fine tune point and you should be concentrating on blades ??

Also how do i know im done ,when prop can sit in any position on balancer without movin much (within reason ) ??

Yes to both questions.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

3 blades are easer to Balance then 2 blades,, the more blades the easer it is to balance,,I did over 1200 props last year so ask me how I know Thanks chris

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    3 blades are easer to Balance then 2 blades,, the more blades the easer it is to balance,,I did over 1200 props last year so ask me how I know Thanks chris
    For someone just starting out 3 blades are a bit more challenging. It's like going from 2 dimensional to 3 dimensional thinking when you have to work 2 heavier blades against the 1 lighter blade. Maybe you could offer some tips on how you do your props.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12