Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Spartan cooling system v2

Default My Spartan cooling system v2

So the other day I ordered some stuff from here on OSE. Heres some of what I did to make the cooling system better.

Speedmaster 4" setback Dual pickup Rudder
    large diameter cooling line
    540xl cooling jacket
    one gundert water pickup

I modified the speedmaster transom bracket to fit on the spartan hull where i needed it to be.
    trimmed down the rudder itself. so now its just under 1/2 longer than the original traxxas spartan rudder. Put a few reinforcing bars on the back sides of the nuts to the bracket bolts inside the transom
    Drilled new holes for the dual cooling lines. because i utilized the old cooling line hole for one of rudder bracket bolts.
    Installed the new cooling jacket on the motor. Ran 2 separate lines from the rudder one for the motor one for the esc. drilled a couple holes on the right side of the spartan in accordance to spacing of the other water outlet and used the gundert water pickup as a outlet because it was a closer match to the stock water outlet. So now there is an outlet on each side of the boat. one for the motor one for the esc.
    Ran the boat on the stock NiMH packs at full throttle for several mins. Checked the temps, and got about 51 degrees F.
    I'll try 6S run hopefully tomorrow.

Justin
    Last edited by JPriami; 03-29-2011 at 07:08 PM.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

Love the rudder bro!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Thanks

Traxxas could learn a few things from us FE boaters
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Nice. I'd trim the motor cooling line and go straight into the forward inlet, then use the existing outlet tube and move it to the opposite inlet / outlet on the jacket. Hope that makes sense.
    Catching Air!

So u want me to reverse the input and output lines on the motor? And shorten the input line? I get it?

keep the cooling lines on the motor they way you have them, just maybe a little shorter...

Quote Originally Posted by JPriami View Post
    So u want me to reverse the input and output lines on the motor? And shorten the input line? I get it?
    I don't want you to, I just thought it would look a littlle cleaner. I'm sure it functions fine as is. Hey, btw, I commented on one of your photos. What sort of boost setup are you running on that c5?
    Catching Air!

Procharger P1SC twin inter cooler

Nice job!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Thanks Everybody :)

Procharger P1SC twin inter cooler
    Nice, I bet she scoots. I just tossed some pics up in my album of my blown GM. Nothing like a virtual big block. lol
    Catching Air!

Sweet. I'll Check them out when I get on a pc. On my phone atm.

Wow, awesome mod and fix. Looks like a nice package after all. Lets hope Traxxas steps up to plate and offers some much needed modifications but I doubt it. I cannot get mine in the water until April so I am just tagging along for now.

For those of you that have asked about where things were placed and what was cut here is a little vid.

nice work. That's how the v2 from Traxxas should look like. Now get out and make more video's man :-) and bring a camera man so we can se a long 6s full speed pass with camera pan.

Leaving lake now. Today's speed 48.4mph with the 5oz gps in it.
    Have a little video too.

cool. it's bedtime here now, and -14 outside + loads of snow and 10 cm ice on the waters so I could use another boat video. Still month's before I can play with my boat.

Leaving lake now. Today's speed 48.4mph.
    Have a little video too.
    is this on the stock prop?

Hahaha. Hell no.

Hahaha. Hell no.
    ??? What prop are you using?

A prather 220 i did a few years ago.
    I have a 215 I would like to try also, but it needs to be finished. I want a new balancer I dont like the ones I have.

Last edited by JPriami; 03-29-2011 at 07:09 PM.

very cool!
    so a little bigger prop

Looks like Justin found the perfect thing to do with a Spartan.Good job.Hopefully others will take notice and not worry about the warranty.Seems like Traxxas is doing nothing about it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    Looks like Justin found the perfect thing to do with a Spartan.Good job.Hopefully others will take notice and not worry about the warranty.Seems like Traxxas is doing nothing about it anyway.
    getting more water through the system is the ticket
    but what is it with Traxxas?

Nice job..................so, better cooling and a more aggresive prop..............still no 50mph Traxxas.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

I dont know what their deal is,but Im staying away from their boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Nice job..................so, better cooling and a more aggresive prop..............still no 50mph Traxxas.

Nice vid...................thats the best i've seen a Spartan run yet...............fast and stable from what i could tell.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast