Thread: Traxxas TRX connector amperage rating?

Default Traxxas TRX connector amperage rating?

Traxxas TRX connector amperage rating?

So this has been bugging me from the get go with this traxxas Spartan and being an FE boat on 6S.
    What are those TRX connectors rated at amperage wise? I can't seem to find good reliable info. But I do see several places that sell the TRX plugs and they state they are 30A plugs. If that's what they are rated at then this is trouble for using them in the traxxas Spartan. Because it draws way more than 30A when running on 6S.

I never used mine when I got the boat because I use 4mm gold bullets on my other FE boat. I wanted to have the same connectors on this Spartan for convenience. And honesty it was hard to put my faith in that little plug for high amp draw.
    Even still I'm thinking of changing my 4mm's to 5mm EC5 connectors once my order on them gets filled. Because my 4mm are rated at 93A and the 5mm are rated for 120A best I can tell.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

I want to say they are 60amp connectors?
    I do like them, much better than deans
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I also plan to replace all my Deans with EC5's in time. But that's a lot of soldering (I own a lot of mini/micro's).
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power