Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 15" Small Bolt micro hydro

I also noticed it keeps the prop shaft more centered in the stuffing tube so it should also not rub against the inside of the stuffing tube when the strut is inserted into the stuffing tube. I think this also is contributing to the drag.

A lot of the binding out of the box is caused by the stub shaft rubbing against the front of the bushing, with the bearing is should spin MUCH easier. I had to take mine apart and move the drive dog back so the stub had more room to spin easier.

The stock flex is also huge for the power output, I'll be replacing mine with a smaller flex or a wire drive when I get some time.

Another thing you really need to do is re-bend the steering pushrod. Mine had A LOT of binding in it from the factory. I found bending it lower where it passes through the transom made a world of difference.

Yes, the steering pushrod is my next step once I get the new servo mounts from HK.

I'm also working on a break away method for the rudder. Here is the solution. Small graphite rod used instead of the stainless steel pin (it's lighter also). It's hollow and strong but will break when needed.

Last edited by SweetAccord; 03-21-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123