Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mar 7-9th, 2008 Az NAMBA Winter Warm-Ups

10 day extended forecast is out. Sunny and 80 degrees for Friday. No threatening weather system on the horizon that I can find! I will update Sat and Sun forecasts when I get them.

For Friday open water and racing, here's our game plan. First off, Pete and I live 1 hour away from the pond. We're good at early morning "getting our *!***!***!***!** together", but the drivers stand/retrieval boat, tables, chairs and generator are our responsibility and all have to be delivered to the race site. Traffic can be an issue...

So, we're planning on arriving at 8:00, but will need time to get things setup and running. I expect to have the course and drivers stand fully functional by 10:00. Hopefully sooner, but 10:00 may be about right. Give us a bit of time to focus on getting the site prepped, then our attention will shift to whatever you racers need.

You will have access to open water prior to 10:00, but access to the retrieval boat will be limited. The lake has 2 "side" areas where practice running can take place without interfering with the main course as the buoys are getting set up. Fishing poles with casting raquet balls will be on site as well.

We plan on Heat Racing Round 1 at 2:00, Round 2 at 3:30, and Round 3 at 5:00.

Lunch and drinks all 3 days will be provided.

Any questions, let me know!

Default re :

David, I plan on leaving LA early Thursday & should be motelling it nearby. I can arrive early Friday & help out. Can you post the menu, seating arrangements and wine list in advance ?
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I hope you guys get some video... Also... one thing that seems to be missing from most events are pics and videos of the participants doing their thing... Really brings the event home for those of us who can't be there!

Sure wish I could work out this trip... Go Get'em in the Spec SV27 OPC Tunnel class, brought to you buy BanzaiHydroSports.com!!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Tony-Your menu, wine list and seating selection will depend on if you keep your shirt buttoned up in the pits!

Darin-Dave Arndt has one of the best digital camera setups I've seen. He does a good job of documenting our race and I'm sure he'll have photos up on his website.

And, thanks for your generous class sponsorship of the OPC class! Pat and Kevin had their tunnels out on Saturday and they are looking very good. It should be an excellent class to watch!

Welcome Jeff Michaud from insaneboats.com to our Az raffle!

Default re :

Quote Originally Posted by D. Newland View Post
    Tony-Your menu, wine list and seating selection will depend on if you keep your shirt buttoned up in the pits!
    Well since I'm an "actual" Vice Commodore of an actual model boat club, this year I'll be wearing my blue blazer & ascot. But just wait 'till the NAMBA vote on my proposal for "clothing optional" races hits the next newsletter !
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Well since I'm an "actual" Vice Commodore of an actual model boat club, this year I'll be wearing my blue blazer & ascot.
    Ascot? What?,,, did you grow your beard out? I don't think that's considered an ascot.
    Dave is planning on bringing his camera but he's also planning on racing more this year. I'm sure he'll still get a couple gigs of pics. I'm planning on bringing the video again and I hope to get some posted this year now that my computer and ISP want to work together.
    I just hope I can handle the nearly 60 degree temp change.

Default vids

I really grooved on last year's video montage, that was really cool. Bring lots of memory this year; I intend to finish at least one lap

Default pix

Anyone bringing Howard's life-sized poster this year ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by D. Newland View Post

Darin-Dave Arndt has one of the best digital camera setups I've seen. He does a good job of documenting our race and I'm sure he'll have photos up on his website.

And, thanks for your generous class sponsorship of the OPC class! Pat and Kevin had their tunnels out on Saturday and they are looking very good. It should be an excellent class to watch!

Awe Man, you mean I have to take pictures of people this time :)

Can't wait, my shipment is somewhere between Iowa and Arizona at this time. It all made it into one box and only weights 75 pounds, with 5 boats two of which are over 32 inches long.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Anyone bringing Howard's life-sized poster this year ?
    Yes, as long as my wife doesn't mind the bare spot on the bedroom ceiling for a few days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123