View Poll Results: Where should the swap shop go?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Back to where it was?

22 48.89%
  • Or stay down here?

23 51.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where should the Swap Shop area be on the board Poll

Default Where should the Swap Shop area be on the board Poll

Since increasing the size of the swap shop, I moved it to the bottom of the forum index. I want to see where you guys want it to be?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

After finding it (had a couple of anxious moments when I went looking for it this morning) I see nothing wrong with it being here.
    I do like the the way the WTB has been split off from the for sale section.

I like it down here.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I'd like it at the very top of the page.... that way I can click on the forum page and quickly see if something new has been posted..... l I wish I was joking....

I like it here too. But am not fond of splitting the WTB off from sales. I never cared for folks just posting 'WTB' without a description in the subject line - that makes you have to open the ad to see what they want. Splitting it up like this may keep me from seeing what others need because I won't think/bother to go there. But then again, it will be easier to find those in need without having to search through all the other posts. Time will tell. All in all, good job Steve-o.
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

OK here. But put a link up above , so others can find it
    America home of the free, thanks to the brave [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by JMSCARD View Post
    I'd like it at the very top of the page.... that way I can click on the forum page and quickly see if something new has been posted..... l I wish I was joking....
    I gotta admit it, I also check the Swap Shop first every time I log on and wouldn't mind seeing up top.
    Futaba Team Driver
    - IMPBA Hydro Technical Director -

Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    I never cared for folks just posting 'WTB' without a description in the subject line - that makes you have to open the ad to see what they want.
    I don't like the title "WTB"with no description, but I know of only 2 users that do this.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

bump.....
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Quote Originally Posted by don ferrette View Post
    I gotta admit it, I also check the Swap Shop first every time I log on and wouldn't mind seeing up top.
    The swap shop is also the first place I look when logging in too. The simple solution is to make a favorite to OSE at the swap shop instead of the main board. That way, when you click your OSE link, you're taken right to the swap shop.

I like it down here, because a lot of people spent their time on the OSE main board, and seldom scroll down here. These boards down here could benifit from the traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    I like it down here, because a lot of people spent their time on the OSE main board, and seldom scroll down here. These boards down here could benefit from the traffic.
    Give that man a cigar. That was my thoughts.

Also, I use this link on my pc.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...earchid=421437
    Its a direct link to the "new posts". That way I don't have to search all the individual boards. the nicest thing about keeping the boards all separate, is searching, it makes it much easier to find something.
    Steven Vaccaro

i like it where it was (or higher, first thing i look at so the very top would be best). as far as making it my favorite that could be done. i always thought that it was a better idea to have the main page my fav that way i could see stevens "featured product" ads. i see what diego is saying but i go to OSE welcome page and look at that stuff first, then to forums.
    lets not loose sight of the big picture, the OSE site is designed to help steven sell new products. the forums are just a side show that is a great free service. alot or other sites would make you pay a fee to buy and sell products in the swap shop. just my opinion (can i have a cigar too? i like the hula girl ones)

more importantly i do not like the WTB section seprate. now i dont even look at it now as where i used to browse the ads while i was scanning the for sale section. i will surly miss some WTB ads that i could have possably helped someone out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck E Cheese View Post
    lets not loose sight of the big picture, the OSE site is designed to help steven sell new products.
    Thats not completely true. I agree it does help me sell products, but if that was just my only and main intention, I would have closed it a long time ago. The board does more for a ton of other companies besides myself. You never know, some day in the far future, OSE Products and OSE forum might not be together. I have a few domains that are registered already.
    Steven Vaccaro

The swap shop is also the first place I look when logging in too. The simple solution is to make a favorite to OSE at the swap shop instead of the main board. That way, when you click your OSE link, you're taken right to the swap shop.

I like it down here, because a lot of people spent their time on the OSE main board, and seldom scroll down here. These boards down here could benifit from the traffic.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I have the FS forum linked to my favs in my laptop,so no biggie for me scrolling down for it here.Although i think having the FS and WTB section all together is much better.See if you can give us the option to choose what type of swap we wanna do(for sale,wanted,trade etc) before starting a swap thread,like in RCG.Otherwise you are the boss and whatever suits you will do for me as i find this the best FE forum with the best Swap FE forum of then all!!!.....thanks Steve for let us voice our opinion in this......Albert

I don't care where it's placed but I do think that the whole place for trades/selling should be together... call it "Market Place" and have WTB, WTS, WTT or FREEBIES (in case Danny wants to give stuff away again) and have people post inside there... just a suggestion...
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Default I like the split

I like the WTB / 4SALE split, makes finding a deal easier, jmo

Quote Originally Posted by madgadget View Post
    I like the WTB / 4SALE split, makes finding a deal easier, jmo
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

I also like the separation of WTB ads and sale ads.

Yep... leave it.

How 'bout adding to the WTB section --->"WTB..... but really just window shopping"? ...LOL!!!
    Last edited by HOTWATER; 01-20-2011 at 05:22 AM.
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Looks like it stays down here for a while. Lets see what happens.
    Steven Vaccaro

The reason why I don't want to make the swap shop a favorite direct link is now with everyones album pics up top on the front forum page I wouldn't see many of em' if I jumped directly to the swap shop, I really like that addition as it has made me be able to see what everyones running!!

Certainly not trying to be difficult but I gotta be honest ......

....trying to embrace this down low thing but it's just not givin' the warm fuzzies.

I have to wonder about the "more traffic" theory as unless you have something pertaining to Aquacraft, ProBoat, Traxxas or Venom you're most likely going to bypass them since they are target group specific forums. And if you do have something regarding those groups you were heading there anyways.

Just my two pence.
    Futaba Team Driver

Quote Originally Posted by don ferrette View Post
    Certainly not trying to be difficult but I gotta be honest ......

....trying to embrace this down low thing but it's just not givin' the warm fuzzies.

I have to wonder about the "more traffic" theory as unless you have something pertaining to Aquacraft, ProBoat, Traxxas or Venom you're most likely going to bypass them since they are target group specific forums. And if you do have something regarding those groups you were heading there anyways.

Just my two pence.
    The only thing the swap shop being down here is going to do for me, is cause me to make the swap shop page a "favorite" .... which will allow my eyes to wander on other items even less..... just being honest.... and I believe honesty is what makes things better.... I like to say how I feel.... not say how I think I should feel.... if ya get where I am coming from? :)

If you have no interest in sharing your vast knowledge of RC boats by answering help questions for members with those RTR boats, just minimize those boards and the swap shop moves higher on your screen

If you have no interest in sharing your vast knowledge of RC boats by answering help questions for members with those RTR boats, just minimize those boards and the swap shop moves higher on your screen
    No need for a dig like that, we're all friends here right? I'm always up for helping when I can but if someone asks if a flux capacitor will fit in his ProBoat Blackjack I have no clue. Now if someone asks a question that is more generalized then of course I'll try to assist if it's something I can be helpful with, but that doesn't mean I'm going to troll the RTR forums looking for a question I might be able to answer. Guess this old dog is used to more hull specific forums - mono, rigger, scale hydro etc. where those generalized types of questions would typically be.
    Futaba Team Driver

The point of the "traffic" is that as people scroll down to get to the swap shop, they will have to scroll past these RTR sections. As you scroll, you might just see, on the right of your screen that there is a recent post that reads...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ProBoat Miss Elam 1/12 Brushless Hydro Q & A . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . elam rudder
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may be just the guy to help answer that question, and will have a higher chance of clicking it if you happen to see it down here. If you never scroll down here, you will never see it, therefore never help.

That is all I'm saying.

Point taken. It's all good Danny, have a great day.
    Futaba Team Driver

I wish I can get more people to use the "New Posts" button. Its the quickest and easiest way to see all the new posts without having to open every individual board area.

I've received a few emails and pm's on "where has the swap shop" gone to. I'm not sure if I'm jumping the gun, but I dont want to see the swap shop suffer sales for people. So I'm going to give it another day or two.
    Steven Vaccaro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast