Thread: Turnigy 180 amp esc problem?

Default Turnigy 180 amp esc problem?

Ok so i just literally finished putting together my apparition, I am using the turnigy 180 amp esc and at the moment i just have the stock motor, i just wanted to test everything to make sur eit was working so i hooked up the reciever, "learned" the radio to the ESC and everything seemed to work properly other thna the prop spinning the worng way, so i just reversed 2 of the motor wires and it was fixed. i literally spun the motor over for a second 2 or 3 times, then while in neutral i accidently dropped my radio and next thing you know the motro is spinning, i quickly hit the brake and it stopped (programmed no reverse) then back in neutral it stays stopped untill i hit the throttle and it would keep going even when i let off, weird. so i dosconnect the battery and check the settings on the radio and all seems right, i plug the batteries back in and the esc beeps 6 times quickly, the servo works fine, but i get no reaction form the motor at all. I tried switching the radios with a differnet recievr and everything and the esc doesn't even want to learn the new reciever, i alos noticed sometimes the ESC beeps differently when battery is hooked up. what could be wrong??

was using 6s to test btw. thanks

When you first plug in your batteries the esc beeps per how many cells you have. 6 beeps equals 6s. Check your throttle trim it might have moved when it was dropped. Center your trim and relearn your reciever.

thanks for the reply, something must have happened with the throttle when i dropped it and after that the esc was being a little prick, haha. anyways i installed a brand new trx 2.4 reciever and the Esc decided to "learn" to it and now all is good! thank god.

Kinda tough to harm a T180.....................
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=