Thread: possible Spartan build

Default possible Spartan build

So, I had some thoughts after looking at the Spartan and reading about some of the heat issues with it. I was looking at some of the websites that supply parts and they have the white hull for around $15. I had been thinking about getting that hull and their all in one motor, ESC and servo holder then building it myself.

Having said that I have three questions:

Any thoughts on what kind of setup would be more efficient and still as fast or faster? I had thought possibly the leopard 40-74-1774 on 4 or 6s.

Could one of these work on a boat running two batteries in series? If so how?
    http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=10786

Finally, is the only difference between running the same hull on a 6s with a 2000w 1600kv motor and 4s with a 2000w 2400kv motor the amp draw that each will pull? (Both turning ~35,520 rpm) With the 6s setup being less amperage.

Thanks all!
    Last edited by hyrulejedi86; 01-17-2011 at 09:54 AM.

bump

Where did you find the hull for $15.
    Nate
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I don't know if it's going to change but:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=TRA5711

and

http://www.gshobby.com/index.php?mai...ducts_id=22188

Just not in stock yet.

Default Hull only..

That is just the hull. If you want the hatch that fits it, it is 19.00 for plain hatch.... more than the hull !!!!

Stringfly <>+++++

Yeah, I thought that was awefully odd too.....but still around $30 for the hull and hatch isn't bad. It seems like a halfway decent hull. I even have the UL-1 motor and ESC not in use at the moment I could try.

Horizon will let you backorder, and pay now. $15 bucks. I might make a rescue boat out of it.
    Nate.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Rescue boat sound interesting. What setup would you run in it?

Quote Originally Posted by hyrulejedi86 View Post
    Yeah, I thought that was awefully odd too.....but still around $30 for the hull and hatch isn't bad. It seems like a halfway decent hull. I even have the UL-1 motor and ESC not in use at the moment I could try.
    UL-1 power in a 36"+ hull, I don't think that will work. Motor is too small, it wouldn't be very fast and motor would be working very hard. Stick a CC 1518 or 1520 or a leopard 4074 or 4082 would push that hull very well.

Quote Originally Posted by natenkw View Post
    Horizon will let you backorder, and pay now. $15 bucks. I might make a rescue boat out of it.
    Nate.
    Rescue boat could work. I made a Rio EP into a rescue boat, but the setup that worked best for me was a Proboat Apache 24 the steerable outdrive really works nicely for maneuvering into place. I'm going to swap my stock motor out for crawler motor though (so I plan).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pe_zJxAjbw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcU5gscReK0
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

I thought that the Leopard 4074 might work too, what kind of setup would be best? 4s/6s.

SOrry to burst the bubble but the hull is actually 150$.
    You can get them from traxxas, I bet the price will change on the other sites when they have stock.
    For that money I'd go for something not plastic!
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

For that money I definetly agree to go with something else.

Well... the Horizon site says 15.00 and I ordered one even though on back order. I want the hull for 15.00. Says 15.00 so gave me a hull for 15.00. (we will see how this pans out !!!!!

Stringfly <>++++

I just did the same so the way I see it is either one of two things will happen with that:

They will just say they made a mistake and cancel the order

or..............

They will have to ship the $15 hull to us.

Quote Originally Posted by kjohnsiii View Post
    Rescue boat sound interesting. What setup would you run in it?
    WellI have the brushed system that came out of my summit with the two 8.4v nimh, it's brand new and water proof. I would go with a steerable outdrive.
    Of course if it is $150I'll use something else!

LOL I should do the same thing, I'd bite for 15$!
    My question is does the hull have to have the weird one piece motor mount/stuffing tube thing? They show pics of everything coming out of the hull on this one black plastic thing held in by a couple of screws.
    Wonder why traxxas shows the hull for 150$ in white part # 5714, 180$ in colour and Horizon has it listed for 15$?
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Quote Originally Posted by siberianhusky View Post
    LOL I should do the same thing, I'd bite for 15$!
    My question is does the hull have to have the weird one piece motor mount/stuffing tube thing? They show pics of everything coming out of the hull on this one black plastic thing held in by a couple of screws.
    Wonder why traxxas shows the hull for 150$ in white part # 5714, 180$ in colour and Horizon has it listed for 15$?
    Typeo
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I thought that the Leopard 4074 might work too, what kind of setup would be best? 4s/6s.
    4082 1500kv would be good for 4s/5s or 6s.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Could one of these work on a boat running two batteries in series? If so how?
    http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=10786
    Any thoughts on this Q?