Thread: Back to Basics PLEASE Read!

Default Back to Basics PLEASE Read!

Just a reminder of new thread placement. Recently, I have had to move more and more threads to the correct board. I used to move threads with a one day redirect (meaning a link remains for one day in the original place the thread was created) but it has been happening so often, I stopped using redirects and moved them directly. Please review the boards and descriptions below, as well as the elaborations in black text.

Fast Electric Rc Boating Questions and Answer Forum
    This section is for general questions, answers, and discussion. If your topic is RTR related, please see the major boards in the RTR section below.If your RTR isn't listed in those boards, please feel free to post here.

Videos and Video Links
    This area is reserved for Rc Boating Videos and Links for discussion or just plain show off your stuff!
    This section is for what the description reads. Other videos, please post in the "off topic" board

Boat Building
    We are going to use this area for people that are willing to take pictures and document the building of their boats.
    Again, this section is for what the description reads. Questions, building help, and Discussions about your particular build needs to be posted in the Fast Electric Rc Boating Questions and Answer Forum

Swap Shop
    Sell your items for free in this area. A PICTURE MUST BE INCLUDED WITH THE "ORIGINAL" POST. The picture must be viewed in the thread. Not a link to a picture in eBay or another forum. Otherwise the thread will have to be deleted.
    This one has been brought up often, and Thank you all for keeping up with this one.

Rc Boat Club Info
    Looking to network with other racer or post club picture or video? Post it here.
    As the description says, Clubs and Groups post here. Looking for, and starting a club or group is also OK. Questions about club rules can either be posted in that clubs thread or in the Fast Electric Rc Boating Questions and Answer Forum if there is no club thread for your area

Thank you for reading!!
    Last edited by Diegoboy; 01-15-2011 at 02:20 PM.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Default question

Quick question: Could you expand on what goes in the boat building section? Not sure, but are we supposed to post our build thread in the build section, but not answer questions or post information in other peoples build threads? So, a build thread could have two threads. One in the build section for just the builder, with a linked thread to discuss the build in the answers section?

Thank you for clarifying.

I am referring to topics. Q&A in your build thread is acceptable and encouraged. It is topics in the build section like:

Motor placement for my build?
    or
    Building a xxxxxx, How do I xxxxxx?

Should go in the main board. Thanks for bringing that up
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Danny, problem with the RTR sections is that there are SO many different RTR's now and only a limited number of RTR specific boards such as Aquacraft, Proboat, Venom. Recently another member begged to have a board for MINI boats and was turned down. His reasoning is that all he and a lot of other members care about is the minis and they have to wade through multiple boards to find them.

I stayed out of the conversation because I didn't want it to look like I was wanting such a board since I sell minis.

Still not sure why steven won't accommodate the guy. Seems like a reasonable request to me! Even if it was a sticky inside another board...somethin!~
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

When posting pictures please make sure they are not blurry.
    I like this forum and see staff people are posting and nothing drives me more crazy than bad quality, hard to see pictures....
    Just my few C$
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

sorry if any of my pics look blurry....all i have is a 3.5 mega pixel camera phone. it doesnt look that bad though.
    If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    I am referring to topics. Q&A in your build thread is acceptable and encouraged. It is topics in the build section like:

Motor placement for my build?
    or
    Building a xxxxxx, How do I xxxxxx?

Should go in the main board. Thanks for bringing that up

good idea Danny, this way good questions are easy to search on and not buried in a build thread.

good work, where would we be without you??!!
    Last edited by Jesse J; 01-15-2011 at 04:23 PM.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    good work, where would we be without you??!!
    Unrelated question, does anyone have any icons for a brown-noser?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Danny, problem with the RTR sections is that there are SO many different RTR's now and only a limited number of RTR specific boards such as Aquacraft, Proboat, Venom. Recently another member begged to have a board for MINI boats and was turned down. His reasoning is that all he and a lot of other members care about is the minis and they have to wade through multiple boards to find them.

I stayed out of the conversation because I didn't want it to look like I was wanting such a board since I sell minis.

Still not sure why steven won't accommodate the guy. Seems like a reasonable request to me! Even if it was a sticky inside another board...somethin!~
    I'm not sure I see what the difference is between different size boats in the Q&A. Danny is trying to clean up threads like videos in the Q&A section.

The reason there is a rtr section is because those particular boats are sold in abundance by major distributors that sell to hobby shops. So there are ton of them out there which I believe generates enough of the same questions that they should require a separate section. FOr example Horizon and Great Planes. If we make a mini section, do we then make a Q&A for 30" section and then a Q&A for large boat section, then a giant gas/electric size boat section?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

How about some kind of feedback section for the swap area for buyers and sellers, I know that there is a bad warning area but its nice to beable to look up feedback on someone besides looking on ebay bay or another fourm. It there away to add a feedback like ebay or rctech ponits system like +1 -1 and netural. Could the sell and wanted items be split up, just to make things easier.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
    How about some kind of feedback section for the swap area for buyers and sellers, I know that there is a bad warning area but its nice to beable to look up feedback on someone besides looking on ebay bay or another fourm. It there away to add a feedback like ebay or rctech ponits system like +1 -1 and netural. Could the sell and wanted items be split up, just to make things easier.
    Sell and wanted can be split, good idea!!
    The rctech points system is a Mod (or Hack if you will) to the vb forum software. I will be doing a vb forum upgrade in the upcoming months. Its something I will add to my wish list.
    Steven Vaccaro

An area for site stuff. "Discuss any problems, suggestions, or questions regarding this website here. All feedback is welcomed!" Just stuff like this thread. Combine and get rid of stuff under the manufactor areas, there are areas that are not posted in much. Like comebine the proboat mini stuff.

A "Upcoming Fast Electric Races" forum would be cool too.
    That way the guys trying to promote races won't be interfering with the "New Fast Electric Club" guys that apparently don't have access to email.

Keep up the good work Steven and Danny.
    Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
    An area for site stuff. "Discuss any problems, suggestions, or questions regarding this website here. All feedback is welcomed!" Just stuff like this thread.
    Good idea. DOne
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by D.Smock View Post
    That way the guys trying to promote races won't be interfering with the "New Fast Electric Club" guys that apparently don't have access to email.

Doug
    Good idea. That area will be for only race dates and posts will need approving by one of the mods so the area doesn't get cluttered.
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by D.Smock View Post

Doug
    Done. Now I just have to move some stuff over there.
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Done. Now I just have to move some stuff over there.
    You are too cool sir!

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Good idea. That area will be for only race dates and posts will need approving by one of the mods so the area doesn't get cluttered.
    I just ask that the thread title have the year in it.

Point taken. But I also see the point of the other users.

I'm not sure I see what the difference is between different size boats in the Q&A. Danny is trying to clean up threads like videos in the Q&A section.

The reason there is a rtr section is because those particular boats are sold in abundance by major distributors that sell to hobby shops. So there are ton of them out there which I believe generates enough of the same questions that they should require a separate section. FOr example Horizon and Great Planes. If we make a mini section, do we then make a Q&A for 30" section and then a Q&A for large boat section, then a giant gas/electric size boat section?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

i know this has nothing to do, but, [sigh] i love this place! thanks OSE
    If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?

I Would like the mini board its a good place for the little ones to start. I have a mini eco thats a blast and it hooked my son into racing.

Can I get my Scottsdale '10/'11 Racing Season put back in the Club section?

I'm OK with the Az Winter Warmups being in the Upcoming Race season, but I really would like the one above changed back.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Newland
    Can I get my Scottsdale '10/'11 Racing Season put back in the Club section? I'm OK with the Az Winter Warmups being in the Upcoming Race season, but I really would like the one above changed back.
    Done
    Steven Vaccaro

There seems to be quite a lot of people running minis that come to OSE. Unfortunately, you'll just have to wade through all the other postings to figure out if the thread is a mini or not. If you could convince everyone that wants to talk Minis to put MINI in their thread title, it would help!

Quote Originally Posted by hazegry View Post
    I Would like the mini board its a good place for the little ones to start. I have a mini eco thats a blast and it hooked my son into racing.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    There seems to be quite a lot of people running minis that come to OSE. Unfortunately, you'll just have to wade through all the other postings to figure out if the thread is a mini or not. If you could convince everyone that wants to talk Minis to put MINI in their thread title, it would help!
    I guess I'm maybe not understanding what exactly that you want the "mini" area for? Another Q&A? Like I said, do we really want to break down the Q&A section to every boat style we run? I would have to say that we have many more people running cats, hydros and monos. Three totally different boat styles with different setup parameters. Should we then break down the Q&A and make separate sections for all of those boats? Thats alot of Q&A sections.
    Steven Vaccaro