Thread: NEW Thunder Power Duo Charger - TP820CD

Default NEW Thunder Power Duo Charger - TP820CD

Hey Guys... Thunder Power is just about to deliver it's new Dual Charger. Pretty nice specs. I'm getting one and will comment further once I use it in the field a bit. Love the ability to discharge.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=THP820CD

Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

800 watts ! [400W X 2 !!] I will be getting one when they're done QC'ing the first batch. Totally the schizzle Start feeding your power supply steroids for this one !!
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Whats with the new avatar Tony? You are not going Hollywood on us are you??

You look sharp!!
    Last edited by Chilli; 01-15-2011 at 07:59 AM.

"Hollywood" has been taken for some time. We're gonna have to come up with something special for Tony. LOL
    You do look pretty good Tony, you know, for you. LOL

Oh sorry, nice charger.
    D.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by Nautiboyz View Post
    Whats with the new avatar Tony. You are not going Hollywood on us are you??

You look sharp!!
    Actually, out of modesty , I didn't want to say anything, but today I got my "wings" as a member of the "Insane Mob" Race Team. (Good thing Jeff never saw me on the 1/6 mile)
    Last edited by properchopper; 01-15-2011 at 07:27 AM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by Nautiboyz View Post
    Whats with the new avatar Tony. You are not going Hollywood on us are you??...
    Nah, already been there, done that (in the 1970's) !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great charger!!!
    What power supply would you need for this puppy?
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by LiPo Power View Post
    Great charger!!!
    What power supply would you need for this puppy?
    When I charge two 4S 5000 packs at 1C, I pull about 12 amps. To charge two 4S 5000's at 5C, which nano's are capable of (or better), you'd need some BIG power, say 60 amps, if I'm doing the math correctly. I can't wait to get this charger, but hauling around a BIG power supply, or multiple car batteries WILL give you some excercise lakeside.

I have this PS so it will be ok for this charger....
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Nah, already been there, done that (in the 1970's) !!
    This may be the most disturbing picture to ever be posted on this forum
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    Noted ! But if you're interested, B, handsome wallet-sized photo reproductions are available at : Properchopper's Hollywood Rock Star Vintage Clothing Outlet on Sunset. Will say that I got more a** than a toilet seat with that outfit partying at the Whiskey back in the day!

Oh, this a thread about chargers, sorry Darin, couldn't help myself

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...=emp-EOS720DUO
    1000 watts total and dual screen so no more flipping back and forth betwen cells....that is my next charger for sure.
    Team Liquid Dash

Quote Originally Posted by Raydee View Post
    1000 watts total and dual screen so no more flipping back and forth betwen cells....that is my next charger for sure.
    Agreed, looks really nice & worth considering. I now have two 1210 IS chargers and the first version Duo. Used frquently and charge just fine. Problem is, over time, both of my LBA 10's quit. The screen on one of my 1210 IS's faded out, and recently one balancing side of my Duo died. Nowhere can I find a place to get repairs, at least for the Duo.(unless someone can direct me to a site). OTOH , from what I've heard and read, TP offers good factory support , which I consider an important factor in deciding between these two chargers.

So many choices out there! All of these new chargers should bring a new easy of use to our hobby.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Tony there was a rep on RC groups, his screen name is or was Nippon Dave. He has taken care of anybody that needed Hyperion help. So far between the DUO 1's 2's and 3's as well as the 1210i, I have owned 7 hyperion chargers and all have worked perfectly.
    Team Liquid Dash

Tony there was a rep on RC groups, his screen name is or was Nippon Dave. He has taken care of anybody that needed Hyperion help. So far between the DUO 1's 2's and 3's as well as the 1210i, I have owned 7 hyperion chargers and all have worked perfectly.
    Right you are ! He was actually the fellow who supplied me with a new screen for my 1210 IS. I'll seek him out. Thanks, Ray

Actually, out of modesty , I didn't want to say anything, but today I got my "wings" as a member of the "Insane Mob" Race Team. (Good thing Jeff never saw me on the 1/6 mile)
    Well I guess I will have to get the Rolling Ghetto running for the next trip to the SAW's I just can not stay with the enemy on my trips

No more tips from me as long as you are wearing the shirt!

So did you get a Job? I knew you needed one.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    Man what is this world coming to when I agree with you. After seeing that I am scared to hang with him on my trips to LA
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

With this news and the picture, I vote for "Insane Pimp" for Tony's new nickname!

Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

I have this charger and it works great. I haven't had a chance to play with all the features yet but look forward to it.
    With the standard power supply youn can charge 2 - 6s batteries at once at 6 amps each. To be able to charge them both at 18 amps each you have to have a power supply that can put out 27 volts. Ioda makes one but its around $300. Right now I'm happy with my standard power supply and will just series up two car batteries if I want the extra amp draw.

Mark