Default Conquest twin motor sync

Winter project complete:
    AM Conquest
    Twin Leo 4094 1390kv
    Twin T-180
    X447 L/R
    Nano-tech 5000mAH 6s2p per side
    The boats a little heavy at 20#
    She runs suprisingly well with out tweeking the bench set up. After about 2 min. running temps are in less than 100*.Speed in the mid 50s.
    My problem is that the left motor starts right away while the left won't start until about 1/8 trigger.
    Is this something that I should worry about? She runs flat and straight wide open, but it's been a bit tricky getting back to the dock with only one motor firing. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Rich
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rich,

I am not sure there is much you can do using the T180's besides trying to recalibrate. It sounds like the neutral deadband is just a little different between the two units. I know Futaba and others make servo synchronizers which could help, but if they run identical at WOT then it is just the quality of the speedos to blame.

Tyler

Tyler,

Thanks, I was thinking along the same lines. Guess I just had to hear it from someone else to feel comfortable with it.
    Thanks Again.

Rich

Rich;
    My Sea King 180's do the same thing in my twin mono.
    left one fire first then the right one maybe about 1/16" of throttle trigger later.
    full chat they sound almost like a single. (but not quite)

My FC 6S 300A esc's do not do this. I agree with Rich, it is more than likely a neutral deadband deal is all.

Had the same problem in my twin T180 cat and solved it by calibrating the two esc's at the same time, as one unit so to speak. If you haven't done that then try it. You'll need one battery going to both esc's. I guess you know the procedure but anyway: 1. full throttle on the Rx with no battery connected to the esc's. 2. connect the battery (still holding that WOT) and wait for the beeps. It should do the trick.

Sweet boat btw!

tried that a couple times but did not seem to work.
    still had one motor lag the other just off the stop (so to speak) position
    on the throttle. motors still came up and ran evenly at around 2/3 to full power.
    I am happy with it tho.

Thanks all. I really feel a lot better about it now.

Rich