Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tacon/Leopard?

Default Tacon/Leopard?

Commonly known as badge engineering. Thanks Martin.

http://toyabipro.com/index.php?gOo=g...gcat=22&gtype=
    And here as well under another badge. TBP4074 as opposed to lbp 4074.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

the Tacon is 2,5 turn were the leopard is 2turn. witch again would sugest that the leopard is 4 poles and the tacon is a 2 pole

The Tacon may also have lesser quality magnets and bearings. Just a guess. Otherwise, not sure why one company would compete with themselves.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

they had the 2,5T leopard motors on there 2 weeks ago for $59 as well.

I can tell you this: Leopard requires all dealers to sell for a NO LESS THAN price. Could be Leopard made them raise the price. Maybe by rebranding as TACON, they get around this?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

no idea. the 2 poles was $59. the 4 poles was $95 a week or 2 ago.
    but i think that the $95 4 pole is a better motor though.

they also had 4pole motors for $59

anyone but me notice how much these look like the new Castle 10th scale motors?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by siberianhusky View Post
    http://toyabipro.com/index.php?gOo=g...gcat=22&gtype=
    And here as well under another badge. TBP4074 as opposed to lbp 4074.
    Yes, I just got a 5692... nice!! Toppower
    Nortavlag Bulc

The new orange Tacon from Hobbypartz & THE green ones from Nitrorcx are the same.

Look at specs carefully, these look mostly to be 4 pole like Leopard.

All the older Green Tacon 2 pole motors are on sale for $29 each, 3650 that is.

Looks like 2 pole motors are all getting dumped for the more efficient 4pole motor coming out of the same factory with different labels.

Fine design is in on it too remember, GOLD ONES at a golden price too, yikes!!

I think I might try a pair of 2860's in the drifter S, 5050 Kv each on 2S each...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Call it curious or just nosy but what are you putting that 5692 in???

Quote Originally Posted by madgadget View Post
    Call it curious or just nosy but what are you putting that 5692 in???
    Well, I had a Leopard 5692 that I was going to put in my 40" mono but, I got to thinking that I liked the idea of running it on 6S instead of 7S, running it in Q-mono instead of Open mono.

Then I thought on 6S I could run it in either Q or Open.

Anyway, its going in a 40" mono, I know the rules say 39" max but, for my club its close enough.

LBP28 -Boat Series

Now check the $46 & $75, same specs??? weird but, they are 4 pole by specs below...

Compare with website: http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m822-2860-5050kv.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nortavlag Bulc

Leopard arnt worried whose name they put on a motor if they order enough, They would put Father Chrismas on if the customer wanted it. Their selling more motors than if they just sold under the Leopard brand because they end up selling motors through more outlets. Just take a look at Novarossi ic engines, They sell under 3 different names Nova, Rex & Top + they manufacture for countless other brands of engines use in rc cars. Its all about how many units they can ship out of the factory door. Thanks Martin.

You got it man!
    Nortavlag Bulc

I wonder what the min. order is to have a name put onthem?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I found a cupon for 10% off evewrything at hobbypartz.com, just used it. It's like free shipping for me!!!

Just use HPZ10 in the space and you get an extra 10% off...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    The Tacon may also have lesser quality magnets and bearings. Just a guess. Otherwise, not sure why one company would compete with themselves.
    Leopard, Top power and now Tacon as well as Fine Designs all use Singapore bearings.

Castle uses the nicer Taiwanese bearings.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Some of the car specific motors are 2 pole but, you can pretty much tell by the specs, very low watt rating and they are usually designated with the ROAR "turns" numbers like 12.5 8.5T etc... those are 2 pole motors.

The older Tacon 2 pole motors are going out the door really cheap. $29, for 540 & $11 for the 20mm ones...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Every ones at it, One thing for shore it certainly helps keep the cost down considerably for the end users which has to be good but i think you can spec what sort of prices you want to pay & they will make accordingly. Theirs no r&d work to do because they have allready done that & absorbed that cost into their own motors, So its just manufacturing cost & materials for other people that want their own brand of motors. Take the amount of different hulls around & we all know a lot are basically the same hulls under a different name. I believe hulls like the Apparition cat are sold under several names also the Venom excite hydro hull, Dragon Red Evo & Vortex i believe are the same design hulls + many more. Thanks Martin.

Every ones at it, One thing for shore it certainly helps keep the cost down considerably for the end users which has to be good but i think you can spec what sort of prices you want to pay & they will make accordingly. Theirs no r&d work to do because they have allready done that & absorbed that cost into their own motors, So its just manufacturing cost & materials for other people that want their own brand of motors. Take the amount of different hulls around & we all know a lot are basically the same hulls under a different name. I believe hulls like the Apparition cat are sold under several names also the Venom excite hydro hull, Dragon Red Evo & Vortex i believe are the same design hulls + many more. Thanks Martin.

LOL manufacturers have been doing it for years! Ford & Mercury, Pontiac,Buick & chev, Dodge & Plymouth. Chev & GMC Trucks.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Sadly, Pontiac is no more...

I love my Grand Prix GT 3.8, 12years old & 300,000 Km later...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by siberianhusky View Post
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?.
    I just read this and started laughing. Thats so funny!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Old news bro

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Some of the car specific motors are 2 pole but, you can pretty much tell by the specs, very low watt rating and they are usually designated with the ROAR "turns" numbers like 12.5 8.5T etc... those are 2 pole motors.

The older Tacon 2 pole motors are going out the door really cheap. $29, for 540 & $11 for the 20mm ones...
    I dig the cheap prices!

Sadly, Pontiac is no more...

I love my Grand Prix GT 3.8, 12years old & 300,000 Km later...
    I have 188,000 miles (about 300k km) on my 3800 and it makes over 400HP!

I just bought a tacon 3674 so I'll see how it performs...it was listed as a Leopard the day before I ordered it, then when I went back it was changed to Tacon.

Whatever they wanna call all these "like" motors.........the LBP's are 4 pole and the LBA's are two pole so you know what you're getting.

For those still wanting to stay with 540XL's, this series looks killer......4 pole 540XL's for $54. comes in several different kv's.

Hopefully Steven will start offering these 4 polers and possibly phase Feigao out...........

http://www.nitrorcx.com/96m811-3674--1300kv.html
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Someone posted that they were slightly more efficient than the 40mm motors but, I dunno?
    Nortavlag Bulc

this thing is only 105.00?!?!
    "FE" STANDS FOR FRUSTRATING EXPLOSIONS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast