Thread: H2O density vs prop choice

Default H2O density vs prop choice

I jest returned to RC boating this past summer. I returned to the hobby with a 24" ProBoat BlackJack spinning a Prather 215 prop. All summer long the GPS read 33mph in the warn water. Now when I run her in the cold winter's slightly melted slush I'm lucky to see 31mph. I want my 2mph back, should I over prop, aint gona over heat the elects in fridged temps any how? Or drop a size or two an jest spin the wheel a few more r's? Do racers adjust prop size with any consideration to the specific gravity density of the soup they be runnin in?

Welcome back! While water density will effect prop performance, I strongly suspect that your loss of speed is due to low battery temperature. When racers want maximum speed they will heat up their packs for lower resistance and higher voltage. Cold packs have higher resistance and lower voltage, hence lower speed.

Sticky smooth water may also be a player, but propping up may not make a difference with lower voltage and higher resistance.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

That's it jest keep every thing toasty warn in pizza warmer thingy? Cant be that simple, must make it more complex that's what we do.
    PROBOAT BlackJack 24", ShockWave 26"
    MRP U-31, 3 tunnels VS1, MRP Bud Light, Dumas HS Sprint

Keep em in your trouser pockets, after removing keys and coins
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.