Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IMPBA D12 FE Racing in 2011 (MD, DE, DC, VA, NC)

Well guys, just got back from the District meeting. There was some spirited debate today (not related to FEs) but it's all good and this is what I have to report.

The Chesapeake pond is secured and the pond next to Indian River HS will continue to be used......however access will be done from the other end of the pond. So we don't have to worry about the school board any more. Also the parking situation will be much better. So congrats to all you ODMBA members!!!

The Baltimore Club retains the Greenbrier Park Pond. They got the park service to open up the big end of the lake for us which gives us deeper water, makes a much safer access to the water (no slippery hill) and guarantees no swimmers will be allowed to enter the water during a race weekend. The Baltimore Club is also working on a promising new site in Laurel Maryland. This may end up being a great venue with support from local businesses and community involvement. We're hoping for a Scale Masters race in the fall at this site once all the paperwork is complete. Scale Masters would include classes that resemble real race boats such as tunnel, sport hydro, offshore and thunderboats. I'm sure Don and I will work on trying to ensure we have some FE classes but it's ultimately up to the host club.

Here is the 2011 D12 Race Schedule

District Points Races
    April 29-May 1 R/C Model Boaters of Baltimore - Greenbrier State Park, Boonesboro, MD
    May 20-22 Piedmont Triad Prop Twisters - Greensboro, NC
    June 10-12 Delmarva Model Boaters - Queenstown, MD
    June 24-26 Capitol RC Model Boat Club - Centreville, VA
    Aug 26-28 Old Dominion Model Boat Association - Cheaspeake,VA

Other District Races
    July 29-31 Chesapeake Gas Clash - Queenstown, MD
    Sept 23-25 Scale Masters - Laurel, MD

There were no rule changes that affect FE's. I proposed a size limit on novice class but it didnt fly. You win some, you loose some. There were some class additons and changes and I want to verify I have it right before passing it on to you. So'll as soon as I hear back from Don, I'll post something here.

Last edited by Chilli; 03-30-2011 at 11:34 PM.

That's good news Mike!!!
    D.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Mike;
    I remembered one VERY important detail when Tracy and Iwere heading home this afternoon from the meeting.

I POSITIVELY cannot make the Delmarva race.

That is the Saturday my Daughter Graduates from high school.
    Last edited by carlcisneros; 03-27-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Actually I also requested each club offer open FE mono and open FE hydro as non Championship classes at the district points series races. If the minimum boat count is made (at least 3 entries per class prior to the race) they will run with the only restriction being a max. of 8S and of course be legal hulls.
    Futaba Team Driver
    - IMPBA Hydro Technical Director -

Carl, I didnt know you and Tracy had a daughter together.

Just kidding. No biggie. Family first. I'm scrambling to request leave on some of the race dates. Thanks again for the prop work!!!

Don, Just want to verify all of last years classes/rules remain the same. Open FE mono and Open FE hydro added with 8S max (no points championship).

I believe 1/8th scale FE will be requested by host club on a race by race basis with a three boat minimum.

Open Tunnel will allow FE's with restrictions.
    Last edited by Chilli; 03-27-2011 at 04:31 PM.

All great news guys...thanks for the updates (ecspecially the pond confirmations)!!

Ok...looks like i'm gonna have to clear some time on the calendar! Boogity, Boogity!!

Well...here's what I can/can't make...

District Points Races
    April 29-May 1 R/C Model Boaters of Baltimore - Greenbrier State Park, Boonesboro, MD - NO
    May 13-15 Piedmont Triad Prop Twisters - Greensboro, NC - NO
    June 10-12 Delmarva Model Boaters - Queenstown, MD - YES
    June 24-26 Capitol RC Model Boat Club - Centreville, VA - YES
    Aug 26-28 Old Dominion Model Boat Association - Cheaspeake,VA - YES
    Last edited by HOTWATER; 03-27-2011 at 12:41 AM.
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

IMPBA 20481S D-12

BTW- Thanks to our district director Mr. Ferrette for getting the additional FE classes. They were his proposal and he did all the lobbying with the various club officers.

If we do not get the required amount in OPEN NITRO MONO or HYDRO and OPEN FE MONO and HYDRO, I don't see why the FE boats can't run with the Nitro boats in their respective classes
    (mono/hydro) at our race. and visa-versa

what ya guys think?

I dont care as long as I have a place to race. Some of the nitro guys may not feel that way though. I guess we'll play it by ear.

I think the open classes were for FE boats to run against the larger gas boats - correct me if I am wrong.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

[QUOTE=Nautiboyz;298798]The Chesapeake pond is secured and the pond next to Indian River HS will continue to be used......however access will be done from the other end of the pond. So we don't have to worry about the school board any more. Also the parking situation will be much better. So congrats to all you ODMBA members!!!

QUOTE]

So, I guess we will not be using the school to park in, or the football field...

Is there a dirt road that comes into the race site? I'm guessing where Ray Hotchkin was parked and setup last year at the end of the site..??
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

I have no idea Kent, but I'm pretty sure Dick said it was on the other side of the pond with much more room for trailers. I'm sure Chuck will let us know when ODMBA has their first outing.

Truthfully Chuck , I also mistakenly thought the proposal was going to combine FE's with open nitro mono and a newly created open nitro hydro class. But the bottom line is we've got two more classes that Don has asked the clubs to add to race flyers. Considering the FE turn out at all but the Chesapeake race was very low, I consider this very generous. The ball is in our court and its time for us to stand on our own merit. If any of us don't like the parity rule for P-mono and spec classes, we can run in the open FE classes and let her rip.....if there are enough entries.
    Last edited by Chilli; 03-27-2011 at 08:16 PM.

My guess would be here - but I don't know for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    My guess would be here - but I don't know for sure.
    Actually it is to the right and below the ball field as you look at the pic. Dick Loeb says if they make this happen (it's not 100% yet but very close) there will be about 400 feet on each end for the course.
    Futaba Team Driver

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    I think the open classes were for FE boats to run against the larger gas boats - correct me if I am wrong.
    Incorrect. They are nitro classes. That is why I lobbied for the open (up to 8S) FE mono and hydro. Now the rest is up to the FE crowd to bring the numbers. I will do my part but I can only speak for myself.
    Futaba Team Driver

Thanks for the pic Chuck and thanks for pointing out the new site Don. I'm really glad something got worked out for ODMBA! Nice job Dick and Tim!!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Quote Originally Posted by HOTWATER View Post
    Thanks for the pic Chuck and thanks for pointing out the new site Don. I'm really glad something got worked out for ODMBA! Nice job Dick and Tim!!
    Just remember there is NO RUNNING OF ANY BOATS WHATSOEVER at the ODMBA site for any reason until the club President announces this is 100% finalized. It is very, very close to being there but it ain't done yet.
    Futaba Team Driver

Hey Mike and Kent;
    at least you wont have to smell the grape flavored fuel I used to run
    in my 90 Mono any more. LOL

now you have to put up with the whine of the twin outrunners instead.......

Quote Originally Posted by carlcisneros View Post
    Hey Mike and Kent;
    at least you wont have to smell the grape flavored fuel I used to run
    in my 90 Mono any more. LOL

now you have to put up with the whine of the twin outrunners instead.......
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Now if we can only do something about Tracy's twin nitro rigger. First you get a double spray of nitro followed by a twin washdown at launch. I do love it though!!!!

I will let everyone know about ODMBA site soon so stop guessing and we let you know. If everything goes well I want to have the IMPBA FE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in 2012, this year at the dist race more F/E classes to come. Keep your fingers crossed. I also wanted at least a Q set up for open tunnel, I really wanted OPEN TUNNEL to be OPEN

Carl, I will bring you some grape juice to drink before you run the twin FE...lol!

Wow....The IMPBA FE World Championships in 2012 at Chesapeake!! I'm definately crossing my fingers for that as well!!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

I'm down for open hydro. I didn't see the schedule for ODMBA races. Did I miss something?

If I understand right, open FE hydro = any hydro or rigger, any size, any motor, any ESC, up to 8s, but under 20lbs.

Has anyone considered the trash on that side of the lake? I visited that side a year ago and found a lot of bags, etc. If there's a cleanup day, I'd like to participate. I have a 16' canoe, one 10' sit-on-top kayak, and two 10' sit-in kayaks I can bring all in one trip with the truck. I have all the life vests etc. and will make all available if someone will let me know when the cleanup day is.

I'm going to assume that it will likely be the same day that the buoys are moved and surveyed. Will the course remain the same size?
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Ben, Just a reminder that the classes I listed are for District races only. ODMBA has thier own classes and Dick is very flexible as he tries to get as many people on the pond as possible. ODMBA usually releases club info via a facebook account and a email list. You can PM Dick here "Moonlighter112" or email him at loeb112@aol.com to get on the email list and to join the club if you want to run with them. Other than trying to promote the club, I try to stay out of their business.

As for the Open FE Mono and Nitro classes at the district level.... If it fits in an IMPBA N, P Q or S class it's legal. Size limits do apply based on power classification. For examply you cant have a 4S powered 35 inch mono because the max size for P mono is 34 inches. If it's not a legal mono, it goes in the hydro class. That includes riggers, cats, sport hydros and outboard tunnels.

Thanks. I guess I was confused. Thanks for the contact info. I'll have to opt for the email list since I'm not on Facebook due to clearance.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

I refuse to join facebook... LOL But you can still check out whats on the ODMBA page.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautiboyz View Post
    If it's not a legal mono, it goes in the hydro class. That includes riggers, cats, sport hydros and outboard tunnels.
    It's up to 8S and be a legal boat in the FE class it would normally run in.
    Futaba Team Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Nautiboyz View Post
    I refuse to join facebook... LOL
    LOL! You sound like me Mike! I tell everyone that THIS is my "facebook"!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

here is our race entry form for the race in June.

hope this works,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

just open it up, print the form, fill it out and send it back with payment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast