I've actually got a little free time and just wanted to open a new thread for D12 FE racing for 2011. To say we broke the ice in 2010 would be an understatement. Thanks to all of you for making it happen! It looks like just about all of us have projects on the bench for next year, so I imagine things are only going to get bigger and better next year.

Here is where we're at for 2011 in a nutshell:
We just finished up a trial year with combined nitro/electric classes for P-spec Hydro, P-spec outboard tunnel and P-mono. Things couldn't have gone any better! I expect the classes to be voted permanent at the district 12 meeting over the winter. Voting is done by district club officers. Now, what's in store for the 2011? I have to give Don a call but I think the trend is going to continue to try and bolster nitro classes that have been having light turn outs. I think Don wants to combine the bigger nitro hydro classes into a Open Nitro/FE hydro class. I think he also wants a combined Nitro/FE 1/8th scale class (with the parity rule). Personally I would also like to see Open Nitro Mono become Open Nitro/FE mono. So I'm pretty sure that's what we're looking at for next year. These possible new additions will have to be proposed and approved at the winter meeting before it's a done deal. Also remember FE's can run in Open Cat and Open offshore. But you better have a boat that's capable of running with big gas boats.

Now, some of you may be thinking down the road and wondering what's it going to take for us to get a class of our own? Don often gets asked to add classes for the district race series. His response is always the same. "Show me the money". Whether gas, nitro or FE. That means get a group of guys to build the boats for the class that you want to run and bring them to the races. And not just one or two district races. You have to have enough participation at almost all the district races. That's the only way we're going to get our own FE classes in the future. We had a great turn out at Chesapeake, but we had just one FE in Greensboro, two in Queenstown, one in Centreville and one in Hagerstown. So at this point ,we are not in a position to ask for anything. But as FE's get more exposure and their numbers grow, so will be our ability to get our own separate FE classes.

I hope you all have a great, safe Holiday season. I can't wait till spring!!!