Thread: IMPBA D12 FE Racing in 2011 (MD, DE, DC, VA, NC)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well guys, just got back from the District meeting. There was some spirited debate today (not related to FEs) but it's all good and this is what I have to report.

The Chesapeake pond is secured and the pond next to Indian River HS will continue to be used......however access will be done from the other end of the pond. So we don't have to worry about the school board any more. Also the parking situation will be much better. So congrats to all you ODMBA members!!!

The Baltimore Club retains the Greenbrier Park Pond. They got the park service to open up the big end of the lake for us which gives us deeper water, makes a much safer access to the water (no slippery hill) and guarantees no swimmers will be allowed to enter the water during a race weekend. The Baltimore Club is also working on a promising new site in Laurel Maryland. This may end up being a great venue with support from local businesses and community involvement. We're hoping for a Scale Masters race in the fall at this site once all the paperwork is complete. Scale Masters would include classes that resemble real race boats such as tunnel, sport hydro, offshore and thunderboats. I'm sure Don and I will work on trying to ensure we have some FE classes but it's ultimately up to the host club.

Here is the 2011 D12 Race Schedule

District Points Races
    April 29-May 1 R/C Model Boaters of Baltimore - Greenbrier State Park, Boonesboro, MD
    May 20-22 Piedmont Triad Prop Twisters - Greensboro, NC
    June 10-12 Delmarva Model Boaters - Queenstown, MD
    June 24-26 Capitol RC Model Boat Club - Centreville, VA
    Aug 26-28 Old Dominion Model Boat Association - Cheaspeake,VA

Other District Races
    July 29-31 Chesapeake Gas Clash - Queenstown, MD
    Sept 23-25 Scale Masters - Laurel, MD

There were no rule changes that affect FE's. I proposed a size limit on novice class but it didnt fly. You win some, you loose some. There were some class additons and changes and I want to verify I have it right before passing it on to you. So'll as soon as I hear back from Don, I'll post something here.

Last edited by Chilli; 03-30-2011 at 11:34 PM.