Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: IMPBA D12 FE Racing in 2011 (MD, DE, DC, VA, NC)

Quote Originally Posted by HOTWATER View Post
    LOL! You sound like me Mike! I tell everyone that THIS is my "facebook"!
    Yep, If they don't want to run boats, I don't want them to find me. My sis insists on showing me pics of my old friends from HS. I'm sure they would have the same reaction if they saw a pic of me.

Nice job on the flyer Carl. You were right about the weather forecast this weekend.

I joined facebook just to see the ODMBA site. I then found family and friends - some that I haven't seen in 25 - 30 years. Not all were happy to hear from me though. One guy I went to high school with dropped off my friends list after I asked him what happened to his hair.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Oh gawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default IMPBA D12 Points Race #2 - Carolina Showdown, Greensboro, NC

Carolina Showdown Flyer is up. They moved it back a week. It will be held the weekend of May 20-22.

I'm going to have to miss this one due to family obligations that weekend.
    Attached Files Attached Files

OK, can somebody please tell me if I have to pre-register for Franklin time trials and what the cost is?

Thanks!
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Ben, Event info is in the March Roostertails on page 47. No preregistration. I'm sure Don will see this and give us the low down. I plan on contacting Don or Kentley a day or two before the event to see what time they are planning on setting up and how long they will be there on Friday. I probably wont arrive till early evening on Friday.

Looks like we're going to have a pretty good turn FE turn out. I think we've got you, Don, my son and I, Dick Loeb, Dennis Hayden and maybe Mike Luszcz. If the weather is good, were going to put a hurt'n on Mr Smock our IMPBA records director.

They worked me over good last year, 42 records were set I think. Go get it done fellas, I can handle the paperwork!!
    It only gets tough when the record trials are back to back. It can be tough getting them updated in between depending on my life or lack thereof.
    Good luck guys!!
    D.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

OK, just asking for down the line, but a Canard, if it resembles a a real prototype, is legal for Sport Hydro class. The question I have is what class it falls under if it is not modeled after an existing prototype full size? Hydro?
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Under the old FE Sport Hydro rules it looks like Canards were legal if they were modeled after a prototype. The latest FE rules are located on the IMPBA web site in the FE section of the Forum. The sport hydro rules are located on page J-17 and it clearly states no canarads. But it could run as hydro since it has more than one running surface.

Man you ask some hard questions Ben. I know you've got some legal race boats. I saw them at ovals. I hope you're going to come back out in the fall!!!

I'm planning to, and not with 3rd backup boats either. I'm also looking at 2 of the SAW records. The testing begins now.

Cool! I'm going to do ovals again in the fall but I have plans for SAWS in the spring.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234