Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scrubbing the bottom of UL1 hull?

Cool

Gotcha, I just assumed that because the only way to move the UL-1 fin is to rotate it - that was what you meant.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

i was talking for/ aft movement

so you can change the rotation too buy bending fin in or out and in turn adjusting cog ,but all this said and done its better to leave this fin in stock form and just move it forward backward ,

ill strart in the middle and move turn fin position from there ,

Gen,

I guess what lead to the confusion is when I said the turn fin needs adjusting after a strut adjustment the implication was that you would need to rotate it.

Fore and aft adjusting is only done with a large CG change.

Having said this I have seen lazy boats become more aggressive with the turn fin moved forwarded and the same instance on other boats moving it back.

But.. As a rule of thumb you “Might” move it fore and aft following the cg change of the boat.

Also.. the heaver the boat the larger the fin should be
    The less dead rise the larger the fin should be
    The list goes on and on! Lol

Anyway..

Keep testing

Grimracer

I've been beside myself trying to work with this bent fin not so much corners but straight line, mind you i'm not any RC expert with years and years under my belt. But based on setup results I have had and for what I use my boat for made the ride of the boat enjoyable, AND the big AND i'm not in competions lke most you guys i'm just blasting around my local lake as fast as I can.
    I've had problems with the boat pulling hard to the right or bucking about, eventually took the fin off (also added the air dam) and the boat rode flat out all the time but obviously couldn't take corners, fin on with air dam still pulled to the right. I could dial the transmitter in but riding the boat with the rudder forcing against the pull on the fin slowed the boat. Yet again take the fin off the boat ride perfectly straight and would fly flat out like '*!***!***!***!** off a stick' but skipped on corners.
    Gave up on curled fin an tried to order a straight fin but not available in UK, So modified the fin I had (coz I ain't going to use it any way) by gently heating it up and flattend it, quenched it and got mate to machine it properly flat .
    Wow different boat, rides straight now and flat out throttle (with the wonderful Air Dam!), like I say I don't ride competions and waters are usually a little choppy in this area so I do let off in cornering on a bad day, but now I totally love my UL and enjoy playing about rather than getting pissed off every time I put boat back in car wishing I'd bought something else because it couldn't ride straight, turn corners or go flat out.
    You guys may disagree with straightening the blade but i've found a happy balance
    - Peace and harmony as man and (little) boat become one -

Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by kwizz View Post
    I've been beside myself trying to work with this bent fin not so much corners but straight line, mind you i'm not any RC expert with years and years under my belt. But based on setup results I have had and for what I use my boat for made the ride of the boat enjoyable, AND the big AND i'm not in competions lke most you guys i'm just blasting around my local lake as fast as I can.
    I've had problems with the boat pulling hard to the right or bucking about, eventually took the fin off (also added the air dam) and the boat rode flat out all the time but obviously couldn't take corners, fin on with air dam still pulled to the right. I could dial the transmitter in but riding the boat with the rudder forcing against the pull on the fin slowed the boat. Yet again take the fin off the boat ride perfectly straight and would fly flat out like '*!***!***!***!** off a stick' but skipped on corners.
    Gave up on curled fin an tried to order a straight fin but not available in UK, So modified the fin I had (coz I ain't going to use it any way) by gently heating it up and flattend it, quenched it and got mate to machine it properly flat .
    Wow different boat, rides straight now and flat out throttle (with the wonderful Air Dam!), like I say I don't ride competions and waters are usually a little choppy in this area so I do let off in cornering on a bad day, but now I totally love my UL and enjoy playing about rather than getting pissed off every time I put boat back in car wishing I'd bought something else because it couldn't ride straight, turn corners or go flat out.
    You guys may disagree with straightening the blade but i've found a happy balance
    - Peace and harmony as man and (little) boat become one -

Paul.
    well ,i just straightened my turn fin and got air dam on and batterys placed more outward on sponons as pictured and my boat was dialed ,stuck to the water ,the staright fin and airdam made all the difference ,im like you now this boat is fun ,now im gonna really play with props m645 and abc h5 and we will see what happens ..

and still turns no worries ,i could easily oval race with straight fin ..
    Attached Images Attached Images

OK guys I was just reading all these post and it gave me the idea to try and change the set-up from factory.What I did was move my turn fin back all the way, I have my strut set 1 inch low and my rudder will sit 3 inches in the water and I just put on my L40X57 Grimracer prop. With my UL-1 I am running all stock components except my batteries which are 2S LIPO 5000 7.4v / 40C. If this does not work then like Mike says change it change it until you find the right one that makes it were you want it to be. Thanks guys for putting up the info that you guys put up for rookies like me to read and try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12