Thread: UL-1 ESC/ Motor, When you let off throttle, motor slams to a stop?

Default UL-1 ESC/ Motor, When you let off throttle, motor slams to a stop?

As the title says, I run the UL-1 spec setup in my P-spec tunnels, and when I let out of throttle if I don't hold the trigger at a low speed, the motor will slam to a dead stop, almost like brakes and cause the boat to come to a screeching hault as it locks the prop. How do I stop this from happening. This is the 60a marine aquacraft esc and 2030kv motor.

Mike Luszcz
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

I run the same set up in my TS-2 Tunnel...never had that issue????

Weird.

What radio? I have seen this in the past with the Spektrum radios. I am not sure the user ever got it figured out, but I would suspect it has alot to do with trim settings and end point adjustments.

Keep us posted...

Airtronics 2.4. I have a feeling that is the problem too, but don't have any direction! Thanks, Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Do you have a futaba radio you can try? They seem to be the most "user friendly" when it comes to arming the AquaCraft Controllers. I can't be sure since I am not there, but I think there can be a difference in the tone (sound) and the beep frequency. Meaning it will seem like it's arming, but it's not arming correctly. Hence, your issue.

If it's arming correctly you will plug in and it will beep once and thats it. If you plug the controller in and you get a continous "beep" the trim setttings are wrong from the get go.

Good Luck
    Mike

Naw, sounds like I may need to just bite the bullet and pick up a 3pk or 4pk and get away from the Airtronics soon. It arms correctly, its just when you come off throttle the damn prop/motor come to a solid stop! Its like that on both tunnels I have with the same setup. Mike

Mike, have you got the throttle to max (150%) + and - ?

I used to have this proplem which would cause the Outboards to stuff when throttle was lifted

Anyway that was on a JR XS3 radio, now i use a JR R1 with success....

Cheers
    Kris

Kris, I do have mine set to the most % positive and negative. Is that the problem, should I have less??? Maybe that's it. Mike

I don't know man, never really played with it, as it went away when I went to my R1 radio, which is set to +- 150%........

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    As the title says, I run the UL-1 spec setup in my P-spec tunnels, and when I let out of throttle if I don't hold the trigger at a low speed, the motor will slam to a dead stop, almost like brakes and cause the boat to come to a screeching hault as it locks the prop. How do I stop this from happening. This is the 60a marine aquacraft esc and 2030kv motor.

Mike Luszcz
    Have a look at the user manual for a Great Planes Silver Series 45a ESC. It tells how to turn off the brake mode. I had the same problem with my Super Vee ESC. Hope this helps.

Found this:
    BRAKE FUNCTION: The factory default brake setting is “off”. Skip to
    the “ESC OPERATION” section below if you want to keep this setting.
    To turn the brake “on”:
    1. Move the throttle stick to full throttle, turn on the transmitter and
    connect the battery to the ESC.
    2. After 5 seconds the motor will beep twice.
    3. Move the throttle stick to the off position (towards you). The motor
    will beep twice.
    4. Again move the throttle stick to full power. The motor will beep
    twice to confirm the brake is now “on”.
    5. Move the throttle stick back to off. The motor will now beep four
    times indicating the motor is “armed”.
    To turn the brake off, repeat the above process. This time the motor
    will only beep once with each stick movement, but will beep four times
    again at the end to indicate the ESC is armed.
    Once the brake is set, it does not require resetting after the ESC has
    been switched off.