Thread: Motor clamp

Default Motor clamp

The thread on the screw that holds my motor in place seems to have had it, i think i over tightened it but im having real trouble getting hold of another clamp as i live in the UK, i can get one from venom but im not prepared to pay $35 shipping for something that costs like $16 so does anyone have any ideas of what i can use or a place that is resonable with shipping costs to the UK?

Change the entire mount to some thing thats more suitable for holding your motor than clamping on the edge, Thats a bad idea. Once you change to a more universal mount you can fit different motors more easily with only small mods. Im sure Astec models in the UK has some thing suitable, Either Etti or Hor mounts that he stocks. Martin.

Just realised its an outrunner motor in your boat so youll struggle to get a mount in the UK as most mounts of that size are for inrunner motors. Id make one from a piece of aluminium angle bonded into the hull so you have the vertical edge of one side of the angle sitting vertical (slightly angled at propshaft line ) so you then able to fit an outrunner motor how it should be fitted by bolting through the vertical face of the angle with the two bolts that go into the tapped holes on the motor face.Martin.

I decided to bite the bullet and just pay the $37 shipping, I just don't see how venom can charge that when it's only $60 to ship the whole boat to the UK when it's prob 10 times bigger, they just have me over a barrel cos I can't get one in the UK.