Thread: Need help with my tugboat

Default Need help with my tugboat

Hey guys I know you all like going fasst and so do I but I am starting to slow down abit... I am getting a aquacraft atlantic harbor tugboat... I will wondering about a few things? Would a brushless set work? And I heard that if I wanted to change out the stuffing tube to go to a bigger shaft that a flex shaft will not work because it would unwind in reverse...
    Thanks,,,
    Joe

I have this boat but use it as a recovery boat. You can use any flexshaft and the motor direction can be reversed if needed. That would be the least of your issue. I wondered also about a brushless system, but would have to go to a really low KV motor and nothing much would be gained as the scale speed would be lost as this boat is not really made for much speed considering how much is wobbles at plane and in the turns and all the weight at the bottom of the hull that has been added in. The only thing I have done was to replace the ESC and the prop for a two blade x430 and get over 30 min run-times. You may be best off to leave it as is and enjoy the long run-times.

This may help you:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1364578

If someone had done it brushless, It would be interesting to see!
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 01-03-2011 at 09:35 PM.