Thread: Steven or any site owners

Default Steven or any site owners

Hey guys, escpecially Steven or any other vendors please take a few minutes to scroll down and read this about our local hobby shop being ripped off. This owner has been around forever and is a local landmark to our town. I want him to go out of business but not for this reason. Only so I can open a small store front shop. If you can help in ANY way please advise. Just thought you would like to double check your security.

http://www.bobshobbyshop.com/

wow that really sucks..................
    Hawaiian Tunda

that sucks I hate thieves
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

That sucks, I wish the people that screw other people over like that would get what they deserve!
    Twin power =

I'm old fashion...find them and put a machete to the hand they used to punch the numbers or both. Still debating who is worst, a thief or a liar.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

a liar and a thief are both the same in my book.....................
    Hawaiian Tunda

Thanks for posting that. That really sucks!!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

We lost $1,000+ to someone in Russia once, but your situation is terrible.

The vast majority of orders from the following countries are FRAUDULENT:

Romania
    Indonesia
    Singapore (see note below)
    Ghana (a rising star of fraud!)
    Ukraine
    Uganda
    Nigeria
    Hungary
    Belarus
    Estonia
    Latvia
    Lithuania
    Slovak Republic
    Russia
    Yugoslavia
    Macedonia
    Philippines
    Thailand
    Malaysia (see note below)
    Note on Singapore and Malaysia: People in Indonesia use Singapore or Malaysia as the destination Country name, and still get the package because Singapore/Malaysia Postal Service figures out where to send it.

Our advice is to just not ship to any of these countries. In the long haul, you will lose money.
    The following countries are on the U.S. Department of the Treasury sanction list:

Balkans
    Burma
    Cote d’Ivoire
    Cuba
    Iran
    Iraq
    Liberia
    Libya
    North Korea
    Sudan
    Syria
    Zimbabwe
    Other countries, regimes, and people are listed also, with varying sanctions. The list and the extent of the sanctions changes often. A good site outlining corporate responsibility regarding this topic is http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforce...ms/index.shtml.

8) Signs of Potential Credit Card Fraud:

Shopper is unconcerned with shipping costs. Most legitimate shoppers are very sensitive to shipping costs. A "please expedite and add the extra onto my card" with no maximum or qualifying comment or question may be a tip-off: Use Caution.
    Very large dollar amount order or large quantity. Thieves need to score quickly and move on since fraudulent delivery addresses have a short lifespan, at least in the USA. They will try to hit a perfect spot where the order is big enough to profit them, but small enough NOT to make merchants suspicious. Sometimes they will aim for $500+ orders, other times try to stay in the $199 range.
    Ship-to address is not the same as the billing address. There are many legitimate reasons for a shopper wanting to do this, but it is a "cheat" of the AVS system if the thief has the billing address of the real cardholder.
    Shopper email is undeliverable. Americart sends out an email acknowledgement to the shopper when an order is placed, and we have the "from" address set to be your address. If that message is undeliverable, it will typically bounce back to you. It could be an innocent typographical error, or it could be a fraudulent order. You can send a message yourself if you don't have "email confirmation" enabled in your cart.

I say DOWN W/ BIG GOVERNMENT!!!! These people do not have our best intrests at heart!!! Only money and thier social status!!! MAKES A GOOD OLD TEXAS BOY LIKE ME, want to SHOOT some representatives we have in government... They are the ones that will NOT uphold laws in the USA... If they accually gave a s@#t about the people they represent, they would want to use all thier POWER and INFLUENCE to help business people like this!!!!!!!!

BIG GOVERNMENT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank god I live in Texas were we "live by our own rules" and have a fast lane on death row, for Thieves like this!!

Steve,
    That is good info and seems to be right on. I work for a mail order company that supplies gear to guys and gals that race sailboats. Just yesterday I got an internet order from Singapore for 10 watches and 10 pairs of sunglasses.....that raised my a flag. We get 2-3 orders a week that seem to be fraudulent.

Cheers,
    Jim

I totally agree, I worked part time at a friends Hobby Shop, and we would get 1-2 orders a week "RED FLAG", from Singapore... Always for 2 or more 1/8 buggy kits! Always over $500... We never responded to the inqiuries... So thankfully no money was lost...

Thats horrible. I always have some people from ebay trying to get me to ship to singapore, and some real shady places. I just stick to US, Canada and UK. Unless it's a dude from the forums here or somwhere else, your SOL if you want me to ship elsewhere.

That is toooo horrible. Man I feel for the guy.
    Fast Electric and Fast Ford's / V8 Mustang Enthusiast