Thread: help with motor selection for limited class

Default help with motor selection for limited class

Hi all as some of you may know i want to do a cat build using a 32 inch hull from fightercat racing to use in the forming limited class i was wondering what would be a good motor to use on 4s i was thinking of using the proboat motor from the outboard.

Or for somethin totally different the outboard unit itself but waiting for the rules to be finalised id say they would be similar to the limited rules from other clubs which as far as i know is limited to aquacraft/proboat motors would be possibly good if you could use a velineon motor from a spartan thanks for any help and thoughts

Cool

I can't comment on what would be legal in your club, but I believe the AQ1800 or PB1800 would be good choices for that hull. Several club members, myself included, have tried the UL-1 motor in similar and smaller cats but it is not ideal. I was able to get 40 mph with an AC Lightning cat and a cut m440, but it has to run too loose to keep the motor temp low enough and the speed high enough. I had much better luck with the AQ1800 and an m445 prop in that and a larger cat.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

hey fluid what type of runtime are you getting with the AQ1800 and m445 prop and what battery capacity are you using, i am building an lso cat and have a pb1500 motor just want to get a general idea of speed and runtime for this class, is 40 mph average during a race

hi fluid thanks for the tip i was actually leaninig towards the Ul1 motor but ill prob now go the aquacraft 1800. But yer waitin on class rules should be interesting. what do you all think about the outboard idea and or the proboat 1800kv motor from that as that may be another option also cheers

Cool

hey fluid what type of runtime are you getting with the AQ1800 and m445 prop and what battery capacity are you using.
    We run oval LSO classes so run time is about 2+ minutes, using around 2000 mAh. A lot depends on the particular hull, how it's set up and how it's driven. Speed is generally mid-high 40s with my cats and high lift monos like the Titan 29.

The ProBoat 1800 motor has a slightly higher Kv than the AQ 1800, I haven't used it in a rce, just some testing.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

cheers ill keep both in mind ill get a better idea once i know more rules.

Though i would really like to use the outboard for somethin different and out there do you/ does anyone think it will go as good as an inboard set up im sure ben from fighter cat will be able to think of somethin to get it to work as he is doing the build for me plus testing