Thread: Lipo warmer

Default Lipo warmer

Now that it's cooling down in Cali, to keep the batt's warm for longevity & better performance , it's better to warm them up before use. Here's my newest goodie :
    [ Walmart ; $ 34.84]. Takes a couple of hours to work ; one hour at home with 12 V .power supply & 45 minutes to lake plugged into cig lighter. Slick !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

You're a sick person! lol

Did I read an add somewhere that said some of those thing both cool and heat?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    You're a sick person! lol

Did I read an add somewhere that said some of those thing both cool and heat?
    Crazy-Sick about FE !!lol .
    At the last SAWs nearly all the racers had some way to keep their batt's warm; car-seat heating cushions, home heating pads or something. I'm just following the lead of those experienced far more than me, plus I got over $800 hard-earned bucks tied up in 4 batteries, so I'm playing it the safe side !

And yes, this thang also cools !!
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Its a double duty gadget, use it for batteries during the day and drinks in the evening!
    ReddyWatts fleet photo
    M1 Supercat - Neu 1527 1Y, 8s / Mean Machine- Feigao 580, 8s, 120 HV esc
    Mean Machine - Feigao 540 14XL, 8s, 100 amp HV esc, X537/3

I have some of these to try I was just going to wrap them up in a towel
    http://www.amazon.com/Gifted-Horse-I.../dp/B00076XFO0
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Whatever you do, don't do this : I was told by somebody or other that a good way to pre-warm the batts was to put them on your dashboard in the sun. So there I was driving down the freeway with four bright red brick-sized objects with wires sticking out of them on my dash when i noticed a motorist staring at me. OMG I,realized that I looked to this motorist like some kind of suicide bomber heading for armagedon !! Now all I have to worry about is being stopped for a traffic cite & being told to open the cooler/warmer to prove that I don't have an open container of beer; & there are those pesky bomb-looking batts again. Honest officer, I'm just a senior-citizen playing with toy boats & those are really batteries !!

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    I have some of these to try I was just going to wrap them up in a towel
    http://www.amazon.com/Gifted-Horse-I.../dp/B00076XFO0
    Putting them in a small cooler should work better. I have put them on my dash to warm up and they would get up to about 85 on a 50 degree sunny day.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D Man thats funny!!!!! LOL I bet those people where freaked. Having seen video's of cars blowing up "over there" I would have been freaked too.

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Whatever you do, don't do this : I was told by somebody or other that a good way to pre-warm the batts was to put them on your dashboard in the sun. So there I was driving down the freeway with four bright red brick-sized objects with wires sticking out of them on my dash when i noticed a motorist staring at me. OMG I,realized that I looked to this motorist like some kind of suicide bomber heading for armagedon !! Now all I have to worry about is being stopped for a traffic cite & being told to open the cooler/warmer to prove that I don't have an open container of beer; & there are those pesky bomb-looking batts again. Honest officer, I'm just a senior-citizen playing with toy boats & those are really batteries !!
    Fast Electric and Fast Ford's / V8 Mustang Enthusiast