Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got the Spartan, Can't run it yet, but some first impressions...

010BG that's my code for $60 off over $300

$20? I don't recall

Nope, it was $9.99 for a year and you get it back with free shipping on all ground shipments.

Actually I only paid $309 delivered as I was already a member but that deal and price is now gone. Membership is $9.99 which is much less than most places charge for shipping alone and that is good for 1 year.

Yeah for a while they were listed for 370 @ tower. Was a good time to pre order if you were getting one.
    Catching Air!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowride View Post
    Glad to see you got your boat. Seems like most of us are slowly starting to get them. Can't wait for some posts about actual handeling, speeds and run times on various cells. Personally I will be running 3S at 6000mah. Hoping it will produce around 8mins or so. I know I will not be able to run mine until April at the earliest. Have fun and enjoy.
    Yeah i'm looking foward to hearing how the boat runs myself, i can't believe no one here or on the Traxxas forum has actually run one yet, must be only us up north have recieved them so far lol! I know how ya feel, it's gonna April before i can run mine too...looonnngg winter!!

Glad to hear that the name logos come off.
    any chance you can tell us where the temp sensor on the front of the motor is tied into?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous_Toys View Post
    Traxxas must be keeping the motor KV and esc Amperage a secret...
    bro the kv is 1600
    and the esc is rated a 80amp
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Nice boat CM guy

Quote Originally Posted by CHKMATE ELUDER View Post
    Nice boat CM guy
    Thanks! Good to see ya over here man!

Any thoughts on Prop upgrades?
    Boomer

Some people are missing the point of this boat. It's made to bring in the huge Traxxas land based R/C followers to the water. It's made to be RTR and not to be ripped apart and re worked. I'm sure it can be done but that's not the purpose of the boat. Love it or hate it it will probably be a huge seller for Traxxas, just like the Slash was when it was released. Traxxas has awesome warranty support and customer service. They cant afford not to. I am in no way a "Traxxas fan-boy" but I owned a 4x4 Slash and they were there every time a rear stub axle broke until they got it right. That earned them my respect and my brand loyalty, though I think their paint scheme is the fuglyest thing EVER!! I would only get one if they ever released a plain white one.

The VXL 3S ESC is rated at 100A continues. I'm sure this one will not be rated at at less. The only thing I would keep an eye out for would be the LVC. The VXL 3S is known for having the LVC malfunction and shut down prematurely. The option was to disable the LiPo cut and run it in NIMH mode or add an external LiPo stop.

I'll Paypal you $40 for shipping to send it to me in Sunny SoCal and I'll get video of it on the water for you then send it back to you......

Default Running..

Any running reports yet???? Very tempted but need another boat like a hole in the head.....( hey! I got some of those !!)

Stringfly <>+++++
    Attached Images Attached Images

I got to take a close look at one yesterday at my local hobby shop. It looks ok, not super light like some might think with the abs hull. Seems strong enough though. I like how the graphics are etched into the plastic hull. Kind of a satin looking finish. I like it it's different. Looks like the center pod assembly slides in and out w/the stuffing tube through a plastic or rubber grommet in the transom. I hope this is a tight enough seal to keep water out. Doesn't look like much room in the center pod to upgrade to larger diameter motors like a castle or leopard without cutting into the battery trays. Even then I'm not sure if a larger diameter motor/water jacket will hit the hull bottom. Overall it's a pretty neat-looking boat.

Quote Originally Posted by stringfly View Post
    Any running reports yet???? Very tempted but need another boat like a hole in the head.....( hey! I got some of those !!)

Stringfly <>+++++
    Found this on Youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M7-WYp0E9M

Quote Originally Posted by JackBlack26 View Post

The VXL 3S ESC is rated at 100A continues. I'm sure this one will not be rated at at less. The only thing I would keep an eye out for would be the LVC. The VXL 3S is known for having the LVC malfunction and shut down prematurely. The option was to disable the LiPo cut and run it in NIMH mode or add an external LiPo stop.
    I'm hearing the esc is rated at 80amps
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

hi guys,

I know this has nothing to see but are they going to make a spartan in Nitro?

With the discounts, you guys are buying them for less then I can get them from Great Planes/Tower Hobby.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    With the discounts, you guys are buying them for less then I can get them from Great Planes/Tower Hobby.
    Wow, that's not much mark up for you then

Quote Originally Posted by Snowride View Post
    Actually I only paid $309 delivered as I was already a member but that deal and price is now gone. Membership is $9.99 which is much less than most places charge for shipping alone and that is good for 1 year.
    He bought it for a better price than I can. I may buy them as a retail customer next time.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    He bought it for a better price than I can. I may buy them as a retail customer next time.
    I think I got mine for $319.98?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12