Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: castle 2028 monster motor

Default castle 2028 monster motor

its here!!! and $300 too..sound expensive huh?!?! but wait a minute it can put out 10hp..which is a little less then the neu 2230 but at over half the cost!!

steven, time to get some water jackets going on this beast..

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/2028_motor.html
    "FE" STANDS FOR FRUSTRATING EXPLOSIONS

Nice. That should make them somewhere around 240 shipped @ tower for club members.
    Catching Air!

Now thats a BEAST!
    ? WHAT RULES?

I've been waiting for the listing of this one!
    this is the motor for the new 5th scale conversion for the Baja 5B
    Castle seems a little slow on how this will work for big FE. I was told (by Castle) it won't work for big FE, but I think it's more than perfect!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I've been waiting for the listing of this one!
    this is the motor for the new 5th scale conversion for the Baja 5B
    Castle seems a little slow on how this will work for big FE. I was told (by Castle) it won't work for big FE, but I think it's more than perfect!
    why would it not work? i guess i do not understand..we have not ever really run motors that were specifically designed for boats anyway..or are you referring to the whole conversion including the esc?

i think its going to be no different then all the other monster motors that have been awesome in boats!!

Maybe the 2028 has lower rpm limitation? The big Neu's have a 40K rpm limit. Just a thought.

John
    Change is the one Constant

Quote Originally Posted by RIPFENCE View Post
    why would it not work? i guess i do not understand..we have not ever really run motors that were specifically designed for boats anyway..or are you referring to the whole conversion including the esc?
    one of the tech guys at Castle told me its way to much kv for a big boat
    it's dead nuts on for us!
    great 10s motor, and I want to build a gas Hydro, or gas Rigger FE
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by m4a1usr View Post
    Maybe the 2028 has lower rpm limitation? The big Neu's have a 40K rpm limit. Just a thought.

John
    i was just thinking about that..i hope its got 40,000

John
    10s on this one is less than 30K

I wouldn`t be very surpriced if you within a short time can buy this motor with a smooth red can, and the name is LBP56113 / xxxxKV
    Joern Markset

Fokus Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Joern Markset View Post
    I wouldn`t be very surpriced if you within a short time can buy this motor with a smooth red can, and the name is LBP56113 / xxxxKV
    oh hey!
    I wonder how much cheaper it could be?

i agree but how do we know this isnt castles answer to leopard motor big can 5692

What is the kv on this motor? Didn't see it.
    FE BOATING: Less like a hobby and more like an addiction!

there is no way the leopard 5692 puts out 10 hp..so i think castlke is giving a nice alternative to the neu 2230 at a very good price point in my opinion..joern you may be right about that leopard..56113..anyway the kv is 750 so hopefully we can put 12s lipo to it freaking titanic motor lol

i wansy saying they are comparable just taking the next step dont you think a 5692 is close to a 1717cc, and castle was just out doing them imo

Quote Originally Posted by Alexgar View Post
    i wansy saying they are comparable just taking the next step dont you think a 5692 is close to a 1717cc, and castle was just out doing them imo
    i gotcha..whether or not they are responding to anything its still awesome..hopefully we can use it in big boats!!

I'm with Blackcat here...............any kv mentioned anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    I'm with Blackcat here...............any kv mentioned anywhere?
    Its 780kv. If you look in the black title bar it describes it as "2028-780kv motor specs" Its also a 57mm dia can. Which probably means we will need another new size cooling can. The Leopard wont work. Thats going to be a serious chunk of alum stock before turning!

John
    Change is the one Constant

Its 780kv. If you look in the black title bar it describes it as "2028-780kv motor specs" Its also a 57mm dia can. Which probably means we will need another new size cooling can. The Leopard wont work. Thats going to be a serious chunk of alum stock before turning!

John

Duh.........didnt see it.............

ridiculously huge!! and 780kv is great..i saw 750kv on another forum a long time ago but its obviuosly wrong

rip i still want to try a 1518 or 1520 i havent even gotten that far yet and was doing the math and ill need to let 2 or 3 boats go to afford new lipos, chargers and hv esc before i step into that league

rip i still want to try a 1518 or 1520 i havent even gotten that far yet and was doing the math and ill need to let 2 or 3 boats go to afford new lipos, chargers and hv esc before i step into that league

i have tried the 1515 and the 1717 and they have been great..and yes this hobby is stupid money..but you gotta pay to play

i have a couple 1515 and 1415 but havent really moved up to the three foot plus range

I have a 51" FG Shovelnose that I still need to build. This motor might be exactly what I am looking for. A 2230 would be nice but this motor really cuts down on building costs leaving more for other things ( like lipos!).
    ? WHAT RULES?

I believe they are made by the same company
    And this big Castle was first advertised at 750kv about a month ago

Since I am a Leopard dealer I receive some info from time to time, and I`m pretty sure there is a good reason why the Leopard sales agent states that their motors are similar in qualety and performance to the Castle motors... Don`t you agree?

And I also found an interesting statement on another website:
    According to Kershaw Designs, the group at Leopard Hobbies has been the secret manufacturer behind a lot of the big names in brushless systems. Now they are taking all of that experience and putting it into their own line of motors. Leopard Hobbies has a large range of brushless motors for all kinds of applications from up to 1/5 scale electrics. Most of the motors are available in multiple Kv ratings so finding a match for your needs shouldn’t be too hard. Check out the Kershaw Designs web site for more info about these motors
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Joern Markset

Fokus Racing

Since I am a Leopard dealer I receive some info from time to time, and I`m pretty sure there is a good reason why the Leopard sales agent states that their motors are similar in qualety and performance to the Castle motors... Don`t you agree?

And I also found an interesting statement on another website:
    According to Kershaw Designs, the group at Leopard Hobbies has been the secret manufacturer behind a lot of the big names in brushless systems. Now they are taking all of that experience and putting it into their own line of motors. Leopard Hobbies has a large range of brushless motors for all kinds of applications from up to 1/5 scale electrics. Most of the motors are available in multiple Kv ratings so finding a match for your needs shouldn’t be too hard. Check out the Kershaw Designs web site for more info about these motors
    I've delt with Dan a kd and he is kinda a joke
    the reason they are so similar, is possibly they are built by the same company

Aha, I see. Don`t know him.
    Yup, you may be right on that one. Wondering if I should buy a Castle motor and brake it down to see and measure... I mean 300 gallups isn`t that much when you are really curious
    Joern Markset

Fokus Racing

Aha, I see. Don`t know him.
    Yup, you may be right on that one. Wondering if I should buy a Castle motor and brake it down to see and measure... I mean 300 gallups isn`t that much when you are really curious
    they are listed at Tower, and with $60 off they are only $240!
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAPNT&P=ML

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast