Thread: time to charge a lipo.

Default time to charge a lipo.

Hey I balance charge my lipo packs and it takes a good 2 hours per pack. I was wondering if anyone that has an ice or triton charger or any other lipo charger could tell how long it takes to charge say a 2s 3400MAh pack. is it way faster to charge then balance? Im thinking of changing my whole system for next season and have no clue as to how other systems work for time.

I charge my 4s packs with the ice @ 1c. Takes just under an hour. Then I blead charge them with the balancer.

I use the Hyperian. Its faster. It packs a ton of mah into the batteries during the beginning to middle of the charge than takes a while to finish the last 10-20%. Hyperian has a new charger out with built in balancers I'm looking at changing to for 2008.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Steve,
    Is the Hyperian charger available now with built in balancers, what is the part number?
    Thanks,
    Hugh

www.b-p-p.com has them, look under there charger section.

I too use the Hyperion series and i love them
    fast and great. I compared it with my triton for charging nimh and. . . i put both packs on the same time and at the same rate.
    the Hyperion finished about 25 mins before the triton.
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

I liked their Battery Bunkers for charging lipo's. $19.95 small or $29.95 large + $5.50 shipping.

http://www.b-p-p.com/proddetail.php?prod=1_BB
    ReddyWatts fleet photo
    M1 Supercat - Neu 1527 1Y, 8s / Mean Machine- Feigao 580, 8s, 120 HV esc
    Mean Machine - Feigao 540 14XL, 8s, 100 amp HV esc, X537/3

I have a Hyperion EOS 5i and it takes a little less than an hour to charge
    and I have a Astro 109 that will take about 10 minutes less than the Hyperion when they are both charging at the same rate
    The Hyperion reduces the charge rate alot sooner than the Astro is why it takes longer

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Hyperian has a new charger out with built in balancers I'm looking at changing to for 2008.
    I use the Hyperion 1210i with 2 LBA 10's networked to charge 2 4S packs in series { 8S charge rate}. A little clumsy, but gets the job done.The new EOS 0610i has a maximum charge rate of 6S, so you'll need 2 chargers to charge 2 x 4S simultaneously. Hopefully, a model that can handle 8S or more with built-in balancers is in the works !
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I have a couple of 1210i chargers as well. I needed them because soon I will have many 5S packs to deal with. It would be very nice is they had a charger with a built in balancer that could do two 5S 5000 packs at the same time. All those wires are a PITA.
    Don't get me started

first yes, my LHS has the new Hyperion charger in stock it has a built in balancer and is AC/DC to boot!!

Sunday I put 4400mah into my Orion buggy battery and it took 40 minutes at 1c. And for what it is worth I balance my packs while charging and my packs are all strong and as good as they have ever been.

I use the Hyperion 1210i as well.

How many cells is your buggy battery??
    Don't get me started

it is 2 cells. But at the same time my NEU 4s packs charge in under 50 minutes as well, I do use the Astro blinky on those packs though.

Any chance on what packs everyone uses with the hyperion? I would like to not have to mess with changing taps or does that one charge through deans?

How many of you guys balance every time you charge?
    Fast Electric and Fast Ford's / V8 Mustang Enthusiast

i do.
    every single time
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com