Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spartan finally

Default Spartan finally

Got a UPS notice from the hobby shop where I purchased my Spartan a few months ago. Delivery tracking says December 24th. Unfortunately nobody will be there so I had to call UPS to hold shipment until the 3rd of Jan. Took forever but just confirms they actually did ship and are shipping from Traxxas since Dec 16th. Cheers.

Yup, i just got the call today too, my Spartan will be at my door on friday! Not that it completely makes up for the wait and lost summer but Tower Hobbies upgraded free of charge to 2-day air shipping becuase of the long wait, i think that's pretty good of them to do that considering it was not their fault the boats were on back-order for so long, that was all Traxxas' screw up!! Well, it's on it's way now at least, can't wait to at least see it up close and personal, even tho it'll be a while before it hits the water...

looks like a cool boat.just saw some pics today. have not kept up on rc boats in a while.have fun with the new boat.

only a few were actually shipped on the 16th, these are like the second shipment
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I am glad to see you guys finally getting your Spartan. Because I was really tired of hearing you guys cry.

To those who ordered the boats but can't run them yet, feel free to reroute them to me in Cali! I'll let you know how they perform

I hope you enjoy them when you finally get to get them wet :)

someone claims 20min runs on 6s?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Noooo way jose. This boat has the reputation of being able to do anything apparently... Must have a nuclear powerplant

Quote Originally Posted by jac4412 View Post
    Noooo way jose. This boat has the reputation of being able to do anything apparently... Must have a nuclear powerplant
    maybe they know something we don't

You know how Hype is. 20 minute runs on 6s? Something is melting!
    ? WHAT RULES?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous_Toys View Post
    You know how Hype is. 20 minute runs on 6s? Something is melting!
    If they said the runtime was a strong 8-10 mins I'd still be very suspicious....

But hey.. maybe the ESC has an auto repair function

A very wise man once told me- "Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see"

Mark

I wouldnt be supprised if the run time is higher than normal because id assume that the ABS hull is a lot lighter than fiberglass hulls

Quote Originally Posted by marko500 View Post
    A very wise man once told me- "Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see"

Mark
    Indeed.

So has any of these hit the water yet?

Quote Originally Posted by iamandrew View Post
    I wouldnt be supprised if the run time is higher than normal because id assume that the ABS hull is a lot lighter than fiberglass hulls
    that will not help much, because you still have drag from the hull
    its not like this thing weighs 5lbs less than a glass hull

Who, Where??

Quote Originally Posted by iamandrew View Post
    okaaaaaayyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    okaaaaaayyyyy
    ? WHAT RULES?

Ive heard, in secret from traxxas. that the power plant, is a perpetual motion based system. It never needs a charging. 3 min runs at speeds, are a thing of the past with this modern marvel of technology. All in a plastic hull!! fantastic.

Spartan

My thoughts on the Spartan: You will have several guys buying these boats, They will run it a couple of times stock, Then they will rip everything out of it and put their own setup in it, So in actuality, they have purchased a $400 ABS hull! Doesnt sound like such a great deal anymore for a RTR boat. JMO
    ? WHAT RULES?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous_Toys View Post
    My thoughts on the Spartan: You will have several guys buying these boats, They will run it a couple of times stock, Then they will rip everything out of it and put their own setup in it, So in actuality, they have purchased a $400 ABS hull! Doesnt sound like such a great deal anymore for a RTR boat. JMO
    400.00 abs boat lol
    "FE" STANDS FOR FRUSTRATING EXPLOSIONS

Quote Originally Posted by RIPFENCE View Post
    400.00 abs boat lol
    Thats exactly what I was thinking. $400 could get you a nice start on a fg hull and a Neu motor.....
    ? WHAT RULES?

Wow, I started a thread only to say the Spartan is finally being shipped after several months of delays and you guys managed to turn it into a bashing thread based entirely on nothing as no one here has even tried one or seen one for that matter. Seems like a real nice place to get factual and helpful information

And it started from some moron saying they get 20min runs on 3s 5000mah packs
    Yeah right!

every time the spartan or titan has been mentioned on every thread here it causes the back and forth of pros and cons/bashes likes...in case you have not noticed this before..i am not saying its right or wrong but its the nature of a new product..and btw you were not really looking for any info or advice by posting this thread were you? believe me when i say people are extremely helpful here but its just a topic of conflict here on ose.
    "FE" STANDS FOR FRUSTRATING EXPLOSIONS

There are two types of rc people:those who buy rtr,and those who buy ready to build.Most of us here are RTB.That does not mean that the RTR guys are to be be-littled by the others.Everyone has their own ways of having fun and enjoying the hobby.Some build,some plug and run.Im am by no means cutting down the RTR guys(or girls)-I just see no point in spending $400 on a plastic hull only to have it break open and be one of the biggest pains to repair.
    To Snowride,I sincerely hope you enjoy your new boat.Everything I said is my opinion,not factual.Good luck and have fun.

And it started from some moron saying they get 20min runs on 3s 5000mah packs
    Yeah right!
    Excuse me but you yourself dragged that into this thread from god knows where. Nobody on this forum claimed those times and I think it is pretty obvious even for a total moron to believe 20 min run times unless you are running at 20 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowride View Post
    Excuse me but you yourself dragged that into this thread from god knows where. Nobody on this forum claimed those times and I think it is pretty obvious even for a total moron to believe 20 min run times unless you are running at 20 mph.
    never said it was said by a true member at OSE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast