Thread: Seaking 180 esc issue

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Seaking 180 esc issue

Hi, I am having issues with a brand new seaking 180 amp esc. Everything is fine if I accelerate up down as long as I don't go to full throttle. I can hold 7/8 throttle and everything is fine, but as soon as I squeeze the trigger to full throttle, it acts like the power is instanly cut to 1/4 power. Then 1/4 power is the best I get out of the throttle range accelerating back up to full throttle again.

Then if I disconnect the battery and reconnect it, everything is fine until I hit full throttle again. Then drops instantly to 1/4 power until disconnect batteries again.

I have found the cutoff only engages under load. In the water it takes a split second at full throttle to kick in. Just to see, I did spike it for short burst to full throttle on the bench and that doesn't trip the cutoff.

I have more than one of these seaking 180's and swaped out a good working one from my Miss Geico and put it into my Osprey. Everything works perfect with it. I then took the problem esc and stuck it in my Geico and it does the exact same power cutting at full throttle.

So, I am confident it is something with the esc but I have never had a esc act this way and no idea what is going on or how to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated

Also, I was using the same futaba 3pm transmitter/ reciever swapping between the boats for now. I tried adjusting epa, trims, couldn't find anything that made a differance.
    Last edited by JSicam11; 12-22-2010 at 12:08 AM. Reason: another thought