Thread: Aqua Jet 775 ESC Prob

Question Aqua Jet 775 ESC Prob

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum (in case you haven't guessed ), but I got an Aqua Jet a few days ago, from OSE, with an erratic ESC. At least I'm pretty sure that is the problem, I was breaking the brushes in and all was going fine for a few minutes, then something seemed to snap and I had no throttle control. I could pull my throttle trigger back, just a little as if to go an idle speed, and it would go full throttle no matter how hard I pulled it. So I flipped the switch on the boat OFF, and the 775 motor took off just as fast as it could go. Naturally I had no idea as to what was happening since I figured that the motor should *STOP* with the switch in the OFF position, so I finally had to unplug the batteries to get it to stop running. Anyway, I was just wondering if I should send the ESC back to CEN or is there something I can do to fix it myself?

Any help is appreciated...Thanks! Nice boards BTW....

sounds more lika a radio or wiring prob. what is your system?

The one that came with the boat, everything is stock from the factory.

what batterys? voltage? did you run in series or parallel?

Ahhh...thats what you wanted to know. I was running Venom Ni-Mh batteries, 2 of them at 7.2v, the standard 14.4v that the boat has to run on. They were run in a series coming from the stock ESC that was already set up to do that from the factory. Nothing was hot rodded at all.

mmm, I would just ask one more ??? did you use extra receiver pack? if so or even if not. contact Steven with the specifics. He should guide you in the right direction. Those are sweet boats for sport and even hopping up. good luck with it. welcome to the Forum as well. hope to see ya around!!!

I can certainly do that. Thanks for the help, and I may just stick around...I like this site.

Thanks again!

EDIT: Just figured I'd add that, no I wasn't using an extra receiver pack...just in case you wanted to know that
    Last edited by Pathfinder; 12-08-2007 at 08:38 PM.

Sorry to hear this. Sounds like a esc issue. Contact Cen for a replacement. If theres a issue with them give me an email.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Hello Pathfinder,

welcome,
    I have a 775 also, but it is upgraded.
    wanted to ask what you have for a speed control? I thought the cen came with a microswitch for just either on or off, controlled by a servo.

What speed controls are they using Steven?

Bob the cen hasn't come with a micro switch for several years. The only boat that never came with an esc was the wave shark. They now use a cen made esc.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Cool, thanks

I knew I bought an older one, forgive me but am new to this as well.

I still need to order some items but other priorities have risen.

I hate to revive an oldie but...

I sent my parts back to the factory on the 11th of December and I got them back today. It turns out that the ESC was the cause of the problem, cause its working fine. I have to give the guys at CEN credit too, they sent me two brand new ESCs in the same box. :D

As of now I have a very high opinion of the company...