Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: seriously?!?!? spartan

Default seriously?!?!? spartan

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-SPARTAN-...ht_2592wt_1141 so this guy a couple. what a ripoff tho. i would rather see him tear into it and give us a video

Talking

no, you missed his other one

$1000 Spartan

at least he's shipping it for free

since when do plastic boats got for that much lol
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    since when do plastic boats got for that much lol

its more than just plastic...lol..its 50mph out of the box!!! because you could never build a boat that could do that for 800.00...morons
    "FE" STANDS FOR FRUSTRATING EXPLOSIONS

I made him an offer"$10.00"
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nothing like taking advantage of someone for the holidays!

LOL! It's not 50 mph out of the box! It's 30, Only goes 50 with the OPTIONAL 6s setup!
    "The howling fury of 50+ mph across the water on optional 6S LiPo power will make even the most insatiable, power-hungry enthusiasts jump up and take notice."

Thats straight out of the traxxas web sites. I have no idea what the excitement over a 30 mph boat is, it comes with a couple of 7 cell Ni-Mh batteries, not even Li-Po! The SV at least comes set up for lipos with a good 4s setup and spanks 30mph out of the box.
    I think a lot of people are going to be very disappointed with what they actually receive, especially when you measure your speed in real mph not advertiser mph! And also realize they have to upgrade right out of the box to get they performance they hype up in their ads.
    After all the waiting I really do hope it's a good boat, based on what I've seen in the ads I wouldn't buy one, don't like that one piece motor mount stuffing tube setup. And it's plastic! One good hit and see how it looks!
    I also love how they hype the rooster tail! LOL who gives a damn about that! Sounds like a bad setup to me!
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

damn I just paided $1200 for one

they are both from the same seller $200 more for overnight shipping

i wouldnt mind getting my hands on a traxxas esc

ya just imagain whow much people are going to part these out for, give it till spring they will be out there left and right

i wouldnt pay top dollar but id like to see the quality of the esc

It's like anything else that cannot be found especially around Xmas time. Only a few have shipped so far and this guy is trying to make a quick buck. I have seen iPhones sell for $1500 when they were in great demand. Heck if I got the 2 I ordered today at $309 delivered each I would put the on ebay for $550 buy it now and I bet you they would sell. I really have no use for it until late April at best when the snow is gone. Remember "tickle me Elmo" people were fighting over this dumb toy at Xmas time. They also sold for rediculous amounts just before Xmas on ebay.

Just checked that listing. I went to ebay "completed listings" found two. One $399.99 and the other $419.99. Neither sold. Check that same listing after Christmas. I bet it will be 1/2 price or less. Horizon Hobby has them for $403.99 out of stock now...can't run it now any way ponds frozen. Wait a minute, you can run them now. The Germans showed us how its done!

There is a reason for listing things that high, I forgot why. People do that all the time. Or he is just trying to make a buck right before x-mas. The day after it will go to the normal price. Good business man, thats all.
    You could have his ad removed for false advertising, since it does not do 50mph out of the box, as we all know.

I just remembered why you list it that high. Usually when you do a search on ebay for an item, the listing goes from highest to lowest, so his auction will appear on top. With all the boat stuff on ebay, that is a smart move. He is accepting offers, so the first real oofer he gets, he would probably sell it.

I just think it kinda goes against the spirit of giving when it comes to the holidays. I'm sure theres people with plenty of money who would'nt think twice about dropping the cash. But doubling the price and then some is just plain greedy!

DELETE: Dont want to make people mad, sorry if i did, may of came off wrong.
    Last edited by b.mcdaniel.2009; 12-18-2010 at 06:25 PM.
    ..Eagles may soar in the clouds, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines..56" P.I. Fountain /37"Genesis Cat.-1717/T-180/33" DF Copy-1717/T-180

SPAM!!!! Just to get your money or personal info....
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

i reported him for false advertising. "50 mph"....lol
    we will see what happens..what a jack hole....

I hate the player and the game! It's as if someone bought up all the castle water jackets here @ OSE as soon as they became available and put them on the swap shop for 100-bucks a piece. Would anyone buy them? Maybe, but I think a lot of us would be pretty pissed about it. Sure its great for the seller, but good business? No. This seller isn't going to get any repeat customers from that business strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    I hate the player and the game! It's as if someone bought up all the castle water jackets here @ OSE as soon as they became available and put them on the swap shop for 100-bucks a piece. Would anyone buy them? Maybe, but I think a lot of us would be pretty pissed about it. Sure its great for the seller, but good business? No. This seller isn't going to get any repeat customers from that business strategy.
    True true,

If it was spam, hopefully e-bay or pay-pal picks up on that.
    ..Eagles may soar in the clouds, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines..56" P.I. Fountain /37"Genesis Cat.-1717/T-180/33" DF Copy-1717/T-180

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Don't see any false advertising there. It is a copy paste from the Traxxas site. According to them it does do 50 mph on 6S lipo.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowride View Post
    Don't see any false advertising there. It is a copy paste from the Traxxas site. According to them it does do 50 mph on 6S lipo.
    Because it does ON 6S THOUGH.......

Quote Originally Posted by b.mcdaniel.2009 View Post
    DELETE: Dont want to make people mad, sorry if i did, may of came off wrong.
    Its all good! You are completely entitled to your opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    Its all good! You are completely entitled to your opinion!
    I know but i opened my mouth before i thought about it. Sorry guys and Scott, i consider everyone i've delt with on OSE my friends

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Yea that 50mph is mis leading, but the description does clarify that you need the optional 6S lipo, and that it is only 30mph out of the box.

I'm telling you guys, he didn't list it for that price because he thinks he is going to get that price, he only wants his boat to show up high in the search, because of the price. If you offered him what it is worth, he would probably sell it to you. If some rich idiot (and there aren't many rich idiots when it comes to money) wanted to give him that much, then more power to the both of them.

what if he list for 800 and under another profile list them at 500 just misleading buyer into going with the cheaper post while still making a hansome profit imo

Quote Originally Posted by Alexgar View Post
    what if he list for 800 and under another profile list them at 500 just misleading buyer into going with the cheaper post while still making a hansome profit imo
    i agree here. might as well just wait for it. wont be long now

i know we're all DYING to see this thing on 6s lol thats the big deal right now i think

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast