Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HPR cat in snow, because the pond is frozen

Don't get any ideas Todd! not that we have the snow to try it. Lol
    Catching Air!

Went down to my sons school playground today and ran the smiths cat. Unfortunately we got there and I discovered the battery was dead on my camera (initially the whole reason I went was to make a video).
    Running x447's, 2 3300kv 3650 motors, 2 x 3s 4000mah/40C.
    It freaking FLEW. Fast enough that I wish I had put a GPS in it. Its hard to judge speed in the snow, but it was easily going over 40mph, which is way more than I expected. I came close to a blow over on more than one occasion, beleive it or not.
    I ran for a few minutes, and the batteries, motors, and escs all had a fair amount of heat in them, so if you try this go easy. There is still a heavy load when running in snow.

Oh yeah...I flipped it a few times...recovery is much easier in the snow.

Nice to know!

what kind of snow are people doing this in, I have kind of fluffy snow and the prop just blew it around.

I was thinking about it, and the kind of snow you have is going to make a BIG difference when doing this. You could have varied results from it not running at all because the snow is too loose and fluffy, to it running great in more wet condensed snow. But remember, the more condensed the snow, the more work the motor has to do, and it will have no water cooling running through it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234