Page 53 of 149 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 4466

Thread: NEW Florida Fast Electric Club

It won't be long we won't recognize who you are anymore!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

OK where was everybody at yesterday? We did manage to have a 4 boat LSH run and a 3 boat P mono. 2 boat rigger & tunnel. Didn't do Q offshore at all but that was my fault for wanting to gps the genesis. (not as fast as I thought it was but still runs decent).
    No video of the LSH or P mono runs since we all had our hands full of radio but did get some assorted solo run footage and the rigger heat. It's all up on the web page. http://www.manatee-rc.com/Flight/WF-SRQ2.html

I just wish somebody had been shooting video of my 2nd run with the DF33. I managed to catch turn marker 6 (I think?) and caught about 6 feet of air between the boat and the water. (we're talking some hang time here) It landed prop side down so ran another couple of laps before bringing it in. All it did was kick the port side turn fin back. Tuff little boat.

The DF 41 is going to need some dialing in.

Seems like smaller turnout every time. I know one consistent member that says he's not running in the heat. The weather yesterday actually wasn't all that hot in my opinion.

We DID have a Q boat run! I ran mine all by itself and it ran great!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I was sorry to have to miss the last run at Akerman. Hoping to make it up there soon, and drag some others along with me.

Hope to see you next time!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

October Dates:

Archie's lake, October 9

Akerman, October 24

Weather should be cooler. No more excuses! ;-)
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I won't be able to make Archies this month. MCRC is having it's 1st all electric fly-in Sat & Sunday and will be doing that instead.

Where is that field? Maybe I will go to that instead of boating!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Where is that field? Maybe I will go to that instead of boating!
    There's a flyer up on my website http://www.manatee-rc.com/manatee_rc/Events.html
    I can't remember the address (should be on the flyer) but it's close to the Buffalo Creek golf course, located back behind Virgil Mills elementary school.

I'll check it out. I may show up there to fly my electric ZLIN. Who knows.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I'll check it out. I may show up there to fly my electric ZLIN. Who knows.
    Come on down Jim. I won't be bringing any of my high end stuff since retracts on high wing loading jets and a grass runway don't mix well. I will be bringing a few of my foamy "belly flopper" jets and my big electric Yak though. (Probably a couple of NIB kits that I've lost interest in to see if anybody might want them too)

The real reason I came was for this. Have any of you seen the big clearance sale that Castle is running. http://www.castlecreations.com/promo...clearance.html
    I've already ordered a 1520 and a pair of 1717's for myself. (After contacting Dave @ HRC to be sure coolers would be available). OSE didn't list a cooler for the 1717 and is currently out of stock on the 15 series as well.
    He told me that he has material coming and sent me a couple of shots of the 1717 cooler. Also said that he would be willing to sell our group some at a discount. So... if you have one of the Neu/Castles or order one and want a jacket for it let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bill34207; 10-02-2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Added pix

Good news on the jackets. I haven't succumbed to the castle closeout. I have a lot of motors already but damn they are a good deal!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Not quite sure I understand the directions on how to get there. Exist 224 and head east 26 miles? Dang that's out in the boonies. Can you give me simpler directions?

Quote Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
    Come on down Jim. I won't be bringing any of my high end stuff since retracts on high wing loading jets and a grass runway don't mix well. I will be bringing a few of my foamy "belly flopper" jets and my big electric Yak though. (Probably a couple of NIB kits that I've lost interest in to see if anybody might want them too)
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Not quite sure I understand the directions on how to get there. Exist 224 and head east 26 miles? Dang that's out in the boonies. Can you give me simpler directions?
    I went back and found the address on one of my video pages. 7315 71st Ave E. / Palmetto, FL 34221 (should be able to google or GPS it.)

If running I-75 take the I-275 exit to US 41. Turn south on 41, go to the 1st traffic light and turn left. It's about 2 or so miles on that road and there should be signs out the days of the event. It's a small dirt road (left side) just before you get to Virgil Mills elementary school.

Bill, is this open for the public to spectate?

Quote Originally Posted by osprey21 View Post
    Bill, is this open for the public to spectate?
    Absolutely. They will probably hit you for a couple of bucks "parking donation" but it definately open to the public for spectating purposes. The only restrictions are for the pilots and we have to have a current AMA in order to fly. Plus the pilots get nailed for a $10 landing fee.
    What other sport is there where the participants are willing to pay a fee for the priveledge to entertain?

Thanks Bill. That makes more sense to me!

Quote Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
    I went back and found the address on one of my video pages. 7315 71st Ave E. / Palmetto, FL 34221 (should be able to google or GPS it.)

If running I-75 take the I-275 exit to US 41. Turn south on 41, go to the 1st traffic light and turn left. It's about 2 or so miles on that road and there should be signs out the days of the event. It's a small dirt road (left side) just before you get to Virgil Mills elementary school.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

If I can figure out where the water is coming from (and if it didn't kill the esc) I should have some competition for hebner in 1/8 scale at the next Ackerman run.
    Ran it on osprey21's little pond this morning.
    It's too narrow for turning (even with a UL-1) but straight line speed didn't look bad until the esc got wet. Youtube video is on this page @ RC Groups
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...294231&page=15

Looks like a killer when you get it all sorted out. On the one full throttle burst it looked like it was running super wet. Lots of spray coming off the sponsons. Hard to tell for sure though.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I am NOT going to Archie's lake this Saturday so anyone else going will need to figure out what to do for a retrieve boat. Sorry!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I am NOT going to Archie's lake this Saturday so anyone else going will need to figure out what to do for a retrieve boat. Sorry!
    Since hippie left us I think you, osprey21, and me were about all that would show up anyways. Looks like all 3 of us may to wind up in the same location this weekend again but it won't be Archies.

Quote Originally Posted by RayR View Post
    Bill,

You need a new Avatar. The one with the "Bling"!

Ray
    Or better still, bling and a wing. (hopefully coming soon)

Yeah, Monster Planes is on this weekend too! Not sure where I'm going.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

so where does anyone run around tampa ...ill be there around the end of the month.....thanks
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Ackerman Park on Oct 24th - fruitville Rd exit in Sarasota Go east, take the first right, go around the curves and you'll run right into it. The weather should be great !!!

There's the Riverview club too (closer to Tampa) but they seem to frown on us electrics.

oh electric snobs hey? lol those tampa guys lol
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Yeah, Monster Planes is on this weekend too! Not sure where I'm going.
    I'd forgot all about that. Oh well, already committed to MCRC's so guess I'll go there..

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    oh electric snobs hey? lol those tampa guys lol
    Let's just say that when I tried to join, the pres didn't want to take my money.
    They do have a nice facility. The place is open to members 7 days a week from 10-5 (except during events) and there is a "resident" retrive boat there.
    Ackerman is a nice sized lake too. (not to mention nice n close for me) It's a 1/6 mile course but the amenities aren't as nice.
    Archies is up in Pinellas Park and we might start running there again once it cools off. It's a 1/8 mile (at most) course in a pond inside an industrial park across from Archies Hobbies.

Page 53 of 149 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast