Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Florida Fast Electric Club

Quote Originally Posted by sjslhill View Post
    I'll be packing to move to Sarasota soon, my brother live there and house are cheap!!!!.....if gas is not $7 a gallon, I'll be up. On second thought, maybe I'll get me one of those hybrids and drive up anyway.

thanks
    Steve
    we need to work out a car pool we have people in Palmetto and obrien and I as well as a few others are in St Pete

Who has a van by us?
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

I have a van and will live in Sarasota....the seats fold down, the stow and go type. We could take 4 people and a load of equipment.

we'll have to work something out, when is your move in date? I think the next meet will be the 3rd or 4th sunday in Aug.
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

If our house sells today, within a month to 6 weeks

so the September meet you should make no problem.
    what kind of boats do you run?

Oh at the moment just a CB and a couple 1/12th scale hydros. If I get into it, I'll get some boats, np.

Quote Originally Posted by Avanti27offshore View Post
    we need to work out a car pool we have people in Palmetto and obrien and I as well as a few others are in St Pete

Who has a van by us?
    That's a great idea! Don't have a van, but I'd be willing to chip in..

Rick
    Last edited by rickplt; 07-22-2008 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Wrong thread

"I'll be packing to move to Sarasota soon,"

I thought you were moving to Raton.

I looked into it....the wife wants warm year round. My brother lives there and good deals are there. If I go now and hate it, if the market there turns, we can move again.

Our next meeting is August 24, 2008 @ 10:00am.

Mike

I can't wait I plan on having a micro air boat built up to mess around with, also maybe a twin powered 21 scatcat

Jim was just here testing a 33 he found on ebay. That may be our biggest class now.

I'm hoping to have some more wheel time with my 33 before the next meet. I have the speed to run with you guys but I need more control.

how did Jim's run? did you run it against your for comparison?

I didnt run it against mine. It is 10xl powered on 4s1p. Snapped the shaft after a couple of minutes.

Once I get back from Vacation, I am going to start building a hull to run with the DF33's. Not sure which one yet, but we will see. We need to get everyone together to run at the next one day event in Brandon on Sept 7th. I bet 5 or 6 of these boats running would be alot of fun.

I'll be at the August meet. Also interested in Brandon in September. Got my green SV27 tweeked to run. Just need to practice a bit.

Is there some way I can find out what frequencies and bands everyone is using? Right now I am on Futaba FM 75mhz channel 72 on the SV, and JR AM 27mhz channel 5 on the SW2. Maybe an email to the group list?

Rick

I run 75MhZ ch.61 however, I use a synthesized radio so I can switch to any channel

we generally ask who is on what channel prior to powering up the boats, I believe we will have a freq. board soon it has been discussed.

that's great that you got the boat ready to go.

I hope everbody is amped for 08/24. We have some issues to discuss (all good). email to follow.

Mike

Looking forward to it....

Rick

can't wait, the 33" has been dry since last month and the microgator is ready to go. maybe I'll have some other toys by then too who knows.

Default florida races

Talked to Herb Stewart today a few of use (the waveblasters) are comming over on the 7th for the Brandon race i would like to get some FE classes organized and hope to get as many FE racers as possible hopefully discus a FE race format for next year.

we run (s.v. 27) (p-mono) (LSH with s.v.motor and speedcontroler) in our club points series these would be some classes to start with also opc tunnel
    so come on FL lets get it going.

Mike

We are running the same classes and have a funrun 08/24 at my lake here in land o lakes. It looks like some of us will be there in Sept but more likely at the Dec one day event. Ya'll are welcome to join us here on 08/24 if you are up for the trip, If interested email: mharvey@mharveycpa for details or call 813.929.0053. thanks.

Mike

can't wait for this sunday, I have a new friend coming he has a nitro mono (I don't think it is running right now though)

The more the merrier. If he wants something to run, I can fix him up. ( by the way, Airboat almost ready.)

how many do we have coming so far?

Sounds like the usual + a couple of newbes

Our next funrun will be Sunday, 09/21/08 @ 10:00am.

Please rsvp to: mharvey@mharveycpa.com.

Mike

I'll be there and I'm hoping to have my new micro cat ready

Quote Originally Posted by highndry View Post
    Our next funrun will be Sunday, 09/21/08 @ 10:00am.

Please rsvp to: mharvey@mharveycpa.com.

Mike
    I'll be there with my first upgrade project Sockwave 26.

Ran it last Sunday for the first time. It was so quick it startled me. Brought it out and back for a temp test without the hatch taped and batteries tied down. Instead of bringing it home and securing everything, I was anxious to GPS it soooo...I hit a turtle or something on the way straight out. One of the batteries pushed the hatch off on the roll and that's all she wrote...Lost the GPS and the canopy... Luckily I baked the motor, rx, and esc @225 in the oven a few times and all seems fine.
    Looking for a new canopy/hatch (old style not available from Proboat)

I`m in, had a blast last time. Got a hammer to try out as a rescue boat since the reef racer, aka humper didn`t work out to well. See you guys then!

Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast