Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149
Results 4,441 to 4,466 of 4466

Thread: NEW Florida Fast Electric Club

Ya know.... We have taken a LOT of videos over the past couple of years.

did u get any of hughs submarine? i hear it did the same as mine that time we were at akerman bill....that was when i learned the plastic cowel will float but not indefenatly
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Default Not my day

I started trying to get the rest of the club runs linked up to the website this morning and did finally accomplish that a few minutes ago.
    That was after starting a load of laundry around 10:00 this morning and a short while afterwards noticing a trail of water running into the kitchen. I went into the hallway where the washing machine is and found a spray of water coming from one of the shutoff valves so grabbed it to shut it off. That's when the valve came off in my hind and I got hit by a healthy stream of water. From there it was a trip to the back room where the water heater is to shut off the incoming supply line and stop the flow.
    Called the landlord and he's supposed to be coming out tomorrow to fix the pipe(s). I had to go to the store and rent a rug doctor to pull water out of the carpets. So far have filled and emptied it's catch bucket 3 times.

Anyways.... I had a thought earlier about adding a projects page to the website for some of our builds. If any of you have some here on OSE, RC Groups or wherever that you 'd like to share send me the links and I'll get them hooked up in days to come. I'm thinking just a photo with description and let it link back to the original thread so it won't occupy that much space and will be easier on me as well.

That sucks, ask me how I know.... If I can anyway lend a hand with the clean-up, LMK.

Dang Bill! Bad day for sure!

Maybe we should also consider a swap shop page on the website.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by osprey21 View Post
    That sucks, ask me how I know.... If I can anyway lend a hand with the clean-up, LMK.
    Got it pretty much under control but wound up having to shut off the incoming cold line as well. I'd get the water cleaned up and 15 minutes later it would be back. Guess the shut off on the water heater wouldn't close quite enough to shut off the flow. So much for a cold shower tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Dang Bill! Bad day for sure!

Maybe we should also consider a swap shop page on the website.
    The thought of a swap shop and forums did cross my mind but this provider doesn't have the software for forums included.
    I'd really rather not do one where I have to input the ad then erase it at a later date either.

Bill.

A boat test chamber inside the house is taking it a little too far.......

Hey Jim
    Are you going to keep minicat racing going? I'm asking because I thought I'd add it to our links page if you are.

Quote Originally Posted by RayR View Post
    Bill.

A boat test chamber inside the house is taking it a little too far.......
    It was a complete failure too. Kept getting carpet caught in the props.

Yes, I will still have minicatracing. I have too much stock and debt to close it down! Haha. A link would be great! Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
    Hey Jim
    Are you going to keep minicat racing going? I'm asking because I thought I'd add it to our links page if you are.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I wouldn't bother with a forum. I had one on one of my previous websites. It got hacked by *!***!***!***!** sites, etc. etc. It was a nightmare. It's a full time job to monitor it, etc.

The OSE forum works great. I'd just put a link on the site to this forum.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Yes, I will still have minicatracing. I have too much stock and debt to close it down! Haha. A link would be great! Thanks!!
    It's a done deal. (as I wait at home for the landlord to arrive and fix the pipe) Already had a link back to this forum on there as well.

While I'm still waiting at home for the pipe repair (he came we moved the washing machine into the kitchen, he cut a hole in the wall then left to go get some supplies about an hour ago) went ahead and added some wording to the about page. It's published on the site but would still welcome any input as to what we really want it to say.

Can you tell that I'm bored? I contacted Steven earlier today to see about getting our website listed in his links section. He replied back to me and he's planning to rework the links section so the links will point back to club threads here on OSE.

Here's a thought since our club has changed considerably since it's conception and this thread is now 150 pages long. (I'd get frustrated in the 1st 20 or so pages) Do you think it might be a good idea to start a new thread for our group and label it as what it currently is? ie: West Florida Model Boat Club - Sarasota, FL That way we can get the website link listed in the 1st couple of pages.
    I'm not going to start the thread myself. Sounds like a job for a club officer to me, if we even want to go that route. (Old habits are hard to break) Just a thought...

Just a reminder for everyone to get signed in on our new thread. (Link in above post by Scott). While Steve was doing the revamp on the model boat club forums it stopped sending email notices of new posts for a little while but has since been fixed. So... if you haven't signed into the new thread yet this would be a good time to do it. That way you won't miss anything important.

Looks like we need to contact Steven to keep this spam from spreading

Are you guys still running at this lake? I just came across this forum and was thinking of getting into FE boats. I currently have an aeromarine avenger pro with a CY 26cc engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnysplits View Post
    Are you guys still running at this lake? I just came across this forum and was thinking of getting into FE boats. I currently have an aeromarine avenger pro with a CY 26cc engine.
    We're still running. This is our new thread though. https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...876#post426876

Here's the link to the club website too. www.wfmbc.com

Great thanks!!

Sarasota? I thought you were at Lake Padgett in Land o Lakes.

Haven't been running there for at least 3 years. Too many full sized boats to be useable for racing models.

Oh ok. I was trying to find a place closer to me for running. Im in New Tampa.

Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149