Page 139 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,170 of 4466

Thread: NEW Florida Fast Electric Club

Rich,
    I have that corner bead and two-side tape for you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
    Yep. I put it in the van so I wouldn't forget it Sunday.
    thanks you all

I'm going to be coming a little light with boats this Sunday. Probably just my tunnel since it's still prepped and didn't get run last Sunday and the Sprintcat since it hasn't been run since repairing the hull after the get together with Scott's Geico.
    I'm already a little heavy on patio blocks and stuff though. I only got 8 blocks and two bags of ant killer so far. That was enough to drop my little mini van about an inch after stacking them in it. Those things are HEAVY. I'll stop in tomorrow or Sat and get the 2x10 PT and cut them up into the right lengths. No extra charge for the trip I'll probably need to the chiropracter by the time we're done.

Bill if u need to unload some stuff bring it to work tomorrow and ill grait from u.

Ill have lso and std. I may be able to get the nichols cat running for your sprintcat to run against for a little "Q" action but it won't be much competition for you.

It's not that bad. I'm probably carrying the extra weight of roughly 2 adults and it's rated for like 6 people so shouldn't pop any tires or anything bad.
    Mostly wanting to see what bumping the esc to 11 degrees with the 1717 does for the SC. The 2028 seemd to respond really well to 10* when it had the castle in it. If it works well I'll bump up the ones in the Thunderbolt.

We should have plenty of ant bait now as I picked up two bags also along with a spray bottle of instant ant killer.!

Not sure what I'm bringing, if anything. I'll be there either way.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

ya'll better bring some boats too... I'm not spendin $50 in gas just to go up and dig these stairs out.
    Bill I'm sure you do not have enough blocks. 8 blocks is not going to cut it, that will only make 2 stairs. We could use some sand also. you put sand under pavers to dissipate the water through the cracks. Even with 3 stairs we will need at least 12 of them. If the blocks are 15" I'm gonna use 4 on 1 stair to make a 60" stair. Thats only 5'...18"s will make them 6' wide. It needs to be wide enough for two people to be on at once. Next thing is where to put them? I'm thinking more toward the middle of the course. Its equal distance from one end of the course to the other with the recovery boat that way.
    Last edited by RCKong; 09-09-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Ill have lso and std.. possibly q offshore.

Id say we will need riser boards otherwise its going to wash out and the blocks will slide down.

did you get the leak in yur boat sorted out ?

I was wondering if anyone in the club would be interested in buying my Spec Rigger. I am pretty much decided to sell it to focus on some different boats.

On another note, how many guys would be interested in running their q-boats at the WCRA races? I think I can get Bill Britton to add that class and drop the spec rigger class. let me know what you guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by RCKong View Post
    ya'll better bring some boats too... I'm not spendin $50 in gas just to go up and dig these stairs out.
    Bill I'm sure you do not have enough blocks. 8 blocks is not going to cut it, that will only make 2 stairs. We could use some sand also. you put sand under pavers to dissipate the water through the cracks. Even with 3 stairs we will need at least 12 of them. If the blocks are 15" I'm gonna use 4 on 1 stair to make a 60" stair. Thats only 5'...18"s will make them 6' wide. It needs to be wide enough for two people to be on at once. Next thing is where to put them? I'm thinking more toward the middle of the course. Its equal distance from one end of the course to the other with the recovery boat that way.
    Why so big? 2 wide gives you roughly a 3' step 16" deep. It's not like we're all going to try to go up and down them at the same time. (at least we don't right now). Not to mention that the 8 I currently have came to like 32 bucks (with the 2 4 dollar bags of any killer)
    As far as relocating the steps that's going to run into some major excavation. I'd rather put them in the same spot we currently use. But, as long as you're swinging the shovel feel free to put them where you want.

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Ill have lso and std.. possibly q offshore.

Id say we will need riser boards otherwise its going to wash out and the blocks will slide down.
    Planning to pick up some 2x10 PT tomorrow to use for risers. But now don't know how long to cut them.

Meant to ask while ago and forgot it. Scott, did you get your new cat yet?

Quote Originally Posted by obrien View Post
    On another note, how many guys would be interested in running their q-boats at the WCRA races? I think I can get Bill Britton to add that class and drop the spec rigger class. let me know what you guys think.
    I wouldn't mind doing Q. But I still won't be able to make the Oct WCRA

It seems we usually have 1 or 2 of us trying to negotiate the drop off, plus someone trying to get out of the boat most of the time.

What do you want for it Jeff. Which rigger is it?

The reason I added spec rigger to WCRA is because there are so many of them in our club!, hugh, ray, jeff, mike, etc. But not enough signed up. I also think the spec rigger is an impressive running boat and would be a crowd pleasure.

My only Q is my big Cat...run in offshore. I wouldn't mind running it in circles though.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I've got a battery powered skill saw. We can cut them on site. And I think 3' wide is plenty good enough for now. We could even add another set of steps later, like when its cooler, in a different location for two access points

Yep, me too.

I already have plans for 10/2. That's the same day as the "Wattfest" fly in that I'm already signed up for. Might be able to make the Nov run though.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I've got a battery powered skill saw. We can cut them on site. And I think 3' wide is plenty good enough for now. We could even add another set of steps later, like when its cooler, in a different location for two access points
    I was just coming back to make the same proposal as a compromise. Put in a 2 block wide set where the steps currently are since the slope of the bank works in our favoir there. And possibly add the wider set set later on after it cools off. As for cutting the boards, I was planning to let Home Depot cut them when I buy them (33" lenghts and one board should make 3). I really can't haul a 10 foot board in my little mini van. I'm not even going to try to haul sand in it either.

Jim its my JAE rigger that I won the nats with. I will probably sell it for $250 with out electrics.

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    The reason I added spec rigger to WCRA is because there are so many of them in our club!, hugh, ray, jeff, mike, etc. But not enough signed up. I also think the spec rigger is an impressive running boat and would be a crowd pleasure.
    Jim, I used to have a spec rigger till a small altercation with Hugh rendered it a pile of bits. But that's racin.

I've got a h&m rigger here that's Grants that he's lost interest in. We stripped it, carboned it and began painting it when it got put on the shelf and remained. It is almost complete, if I remember all but radi and esc, but I'm sure he's sell things seperatley. It had a hacker 8xl in it. Its got hrdwr etc. I can bring it if anyone might be interested in any of it

Oh and I'm doing this from my phone.. but there's pics of it in my albums. I think hrwr pics r n there too

Thanks. Unfortunately it's a bit out of my $$$ range at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by obrien View Post
    Jim its my JAE rigger that I won the nats with. I will probably sell it for $250 with out electrics.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Sounds interesting. Bring it tomorrow.

I've got a h&m rigger here that's Grants that he's lost interest in. We stripped it, carboned it and began painting it when it got put on the shelf and remained. It is almost complete, if I remember all but radi and esc, but I'm sure he's sell things seperatley. It had a hacker 8xl in it. Its got hrdwr etc. I can bring it if anyone might be interested in any of it

Oh and I'm doing this from my phone.. but there's pics of it in my albums. I think hrwr pics r n there too
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I was just coming back to make the same proposal as a compromise. Put in a 2 block wide set where the steps currently are since the slope of the bank works in our favoir there. And possibly add the wider set set later on after it cools off. As for cutting the boards, I was planning to let Home Depot cut them when I buy them (33" lenghts and one board should make 3). I really can't haul a 10 foot board in my little mini van. I'm not even going to try to haul sand in it either.
    I agree.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I stopped ny Ackerman on my way home from crashing planes today and used up one of the bags of ant killer. Treated the area around the steps even though I didn't see any activity there today. Also hit all the beds I could find. Good thing we're not trying to run on Saturdays. The place was covered up with kayaks today although none were in the area of our course.
    Once I get unloaded will head out to get the pt before starting to charge batts. Scott bring your saw just in case. Brian, I'll bring my P boat too.

Just got back from Home Depot. Couldn't find any 2x10x10 pt so got a couple of 2x10x8 and had them cut them in half. While there picked up 4 more patio blocks so we can now go 3 wide with 4 steps if wanted. That will make them 4 ft wide and should eliminate the need for cutting the PT board. Added up the receipts and it comes to $60.34. I'll bring the receipts tomorrow too.

Page 139 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast