Page 1 of 149 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Florida Fast Electric Club

Default NEW Florida Fast Electric Club

We are starting a new FE club in Florida. We have the lake, etc. secured. If you are interested in joining our new club, please send me a message. We are located in Land O' Lakes, just north of Tampa.

i will join and i just registered with namba for the 2008 season. i talked to jim slaughter and he told me about this.
    ALL OUT POND BASHING MANIAC!!!:D

let us know when you are getting together.

We are forming the email contact list. We will get together after the first of the year, probably second week in January. The first get-together will be for fun...run what you brung kinda deal. We'll have a short business meeting also.

You all can start throwing out club names now if you want, or save them for later. Our first thought is simple, Central Florida Fast Electric Boaters.

Default new club

Quote Originally Posted by toddilgen View Post
    i will join and i just registered with namba for the 2008 season. i talked to jim slaughter and he told me about this.
    Great Todd! Happy to have you! We have you on our email list.

any new developments yet?

Default Just trying to recover from the relatives and the holidays!

Everyone that got on our email list should get some word after the first of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by obrien View Post

Default You are on the email list

I just checked and you are on the email list. We'll keep you informed.

Quote Originally Posted by obrien View Post
    Last edited by FL-E-Boater; 12-27-2007 at 08:45 PM. Reason: changed information

thanks for the update

Default Meeting Set!

OK guys,
    Sorry for the short notice but emails should have gone out to everyone last week and I just found out they didn't! DOH!

The first meeting of the new club will be held in Land O' Lakes, FL this Sunday, January 13th. We will gather at 2p.m. for a run whut ya brung session. After a period of fun we will sit down to discuss forming the club.

You can't park right up on the lake so if you have a little red wagon or something to haul your stuff back behind the house and down to the lake it would be a good idea.

The meet will be at the home of Mike and Darby Harvey. Bring your own drinks!

Address:
    3006 Lake Padgett Dr
    Land O Lakes, FL 34639-5006
    (813) 929-0053

I suggest you use mapquest to find your way.
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...&zipcode=34639

Basically take I-75 to SR56. Go west to US41. Go north to Bell Lake Road. Turn right on Lake Padgett Drive and go all the way to the end.
    That's it!

Hope to see you all there!!

I plan on being there

Just wanted to say that I had a great time today. I can't wait to get together again soon. Thanks to Mike for the hospitality and the great setup.

It was nice to meet Jim and Herb. There is def. alot to be learned from these guys.

Herb has some very fast tunnel boats!

Obrien,

Glad you could make it. Nice to meet you too. We had a great time and a really good group of guys attended. We had 8 people at the first meeting, mostly because the weather report was really bad. Ironically, the weather cleared up at precisely 2 p.m., our appointed meeting time!

Our short informal meeting was very positive and we will definitely be moving forward with the club. I asked Mike to pick a date for the next get together. I'll let you all know. We hope more of you can make it next time. By then, the playoffs and the super bowl will be history too! Haha.

I would be interested in meeting up with you guys the next time you run.
    I live in odessa so the ride wouldnt be bad at all. I had tried the local tampa club off waters like I said in rcu but like you had stated, they are not too keen on an FE running at all! Have a lil rigger I hope to have setup by this weekend an have a skunk works cat setup soon so would love a group of guys to run with. let me know.
    -Wayne

Hi Wayne,
    PM me your email. I'll put you on the list. We also run on some weekends at a lake VERY near you! ;-) It would be great to have you join us!

Jim

Jim be sure to let us know when you run at some of the other locations. I know we can't always run at Mike's.

be ready to do some boating maybe saturday if I can get the last min. bits Im looking for, you guys must know how hard it is to get a prop in tampa. NO LHS keeps anything but gas ones in stock or the biggest X4 series none of which I need , I just need a prop an proper tools to finish the assembly, youd think with a full matco roller toolbox I could find the right drill bit an allen wrench but nooooo. If anyone is down an I can jump through the above hoops I am so ready to get this rigger in the water on saturday! then maybe not, it could be sometime next week on a day off. but PM me if anyones interested.
    -Wayne

would want to meet at concord station lake or just about anywhere in oldsmar odessa area

Yeah it was a good time I am definitely ready to do it some more. It was nice to have more FE guys around, most of the guys by us are into smokers.

- John M
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

the next meet is coming up soon who's going to make it out this time??
    2-10-08 11am
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

count me in!

looks like the meeting has been pushed a week 2-17-08 11am

goldendesign04 shoot me a pm with you e-mail

John

As it stands right now, I will most likely not make it. I am going to try though. I will be out of town working, but hopefully I can get back.

is anyone new coming to the club meet
    we will have micro hydros, SVs, tunnels, etc........

I will certainly be making the next club event.

Smile Moss

Hi:

Iam member of club in Puerto Rico named MOSS , this club has aroud 12 members and we are evaluating the posibility to visit in the summer some club in Florida to participate in one Events for electric boats. I beleive its could be cool for us have a good time in your club.

If you can work out a date that we are meeting that would be pretty cool. Our next club meet will be on the 16th of march. We have been meeting once a month. Just keep looking here and let us know when you are coming over.

Our next meeting is March 16, 2008 at 11:00am. I have sent emails to those I know of. For any additional info, please email: Mharvey@mharveycpa.com.

Mike

Have a new DF 33 I will try and have ready so I can race Obriens cat...

I know I said I would be there last time but plans evaporated when I had a family emergency. Problems quelled for no so I will say I am a maybe to be there. Will try an def. want to be a part of this club but circumstances as of late have made scheduling a difficult issue. Want to be, hope to be, an probably will be! Course which boats I have to run that day aree a whole nother matter. Hoping the rigger gets finished this weekend an have the triton up an running by then!

-Wayne

Default April meeting

Our next funrun is scheduled for April 27, 2008 @ 11:00 am.

Please respond to mharvey@mharveycpa.com for additional info.

Mike

Page 1 of 149 1231151101 ... LastLast